Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I don't know about this company but I work with some very legitimate REO companies out of Colorado.  One is Specialized Asset Management.  It is good to check out these firms but we should make blanket statements about a particular state.

• Phoenix Asset Management, LLC is a legitimate company in Colorado. I have closed a couple with them.

• must be the only legit one in CO

• OMG!  I just received a call today and yes it sounded fishy.  So I googled the company Team Lear - and indeed this is a scam!  Thank you everyone for your posts!  I'm glad I told her - Crystal White - that I need to confer first with my partner before moving on.  

I actually asked for zip codes where I live - and holy molly - she gave me 5 properties and that enticed me.  I however was skeptical so I checked with my partner.

Thank you!

Tita Garcia

• I just received another call from "Lear Asset Management". I told her I would not do business with them because they are a scam. I asked her, do you realize you are working for a company that is defrauding agents out of money? She said they are not a scam. I said, I already lost $400 to your company. She says, we aren't "iREOPRO". I never mentioned that company. How did she know I lost money to that company then. I said, well you are Team Lear and she said yes we are. But, that isn't how she represented the company when she called. She said, Lear Asset Management. I eventually hung up. I'm not going to waste my time arguing with her. But, I was curious to hear what she was going to say. 

• A quick search of the address in Google shows this is actually a virtual office. Quite a few businesses use this as their office address including a mariijuana tour company. Just sayin...

• I got a call this morning from a Colorado number - I missed the call and I received a voice mail from a Lanisha Reid from REO Properties.  When I called back, I was told the company name was Team Lear (RED FLAG) and I was transferred to Brandi Marshall.  Brandi continued to tell me how she was an Asset Manager and she wanted me to complete 3 BPOs for properties that are in "pre-forclosure" at no charge, The properties are with Chase bank, they will give me the listing and I will receive 6% commission on the sale.

She read the addresses to me and while she explained how the system worked, I checked to see if they were listed as foreclosures in the MLS - they were not (RED FLAG) - nor was the mortgage lender listed as Chase (RED FLAG).  Once I explained this to her - she said she will call me back after she finds out what is going on (RED FLAG).

Bottom line...total scam!

• I am so glad I cam across this site today. I smelled sales trash from the beginning of the conversation. I spoke with Shelly Patterson (says she used to live in Kenoha, WI) this morning. I had free time today, so I decided to play with them. I wasted about an hour of her time this morning with my promise to call back with my credit card number. Now they have called me back 10x!!! can you imagine a real asset management company doing this? I want to report them to some dept, but who? I have not found any other information of someone actually being scammed by them. so shady.
  • They had called me last week, (In Ohio) two BPO's requested in my zip code.  Both homes were vacant, one of them condemned.  Spoke with Brandi, I was not asked to buy anything or send money.  However when I tried to log in to input the BPOs it says my account is not active.  Did any of you finish the BPO's?  When did they ask for money?  And, are you now out of it?

• Joanna..

She didn't ask for money b/c you didn't get far enough into her lying pitch.

This reply was deleted.