Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The other day I received an email from Green River Capital stating they have been informed that a company called "Team Lear" has been telling agents they assign properties for them.  Green River Capital stated in this email they do NOT work with Team Lear in any way shape or form.

• I just got the call from them, too.

I checked with the BBB to see if there was anything on them there- nothing.
    I then came here to see if anyone has dealt with them, since I really don't want to pay $449 deposit up front for a BPO and  a "guaranteed listing" that's currently a Short Sale in Lender Approval status.

I spoke with the Listing Agent, and forwarded on a couple of their emails to her, so she can speak to the bank about this.

• This is a scam... They just called me! Asked for $449 up front. lol

• Looks like a scam. I got a call from some guy named Tom Bird yesterday who wasn't even well versed in the lingo of the biz. After telling him I would have to call back I did a little research and saw that it doesn't appear to be legit. The sad thing is that this type of scam usually hurts those who are struggling the most. They may have some corporate clients they do valuations for etc but I can't find anyone who knows them or has worked with them. 

When I called Mr Bird out on it he replied with personal attacks. Even if they are legitimate and can provide listings for you, would you really want to work with someone who is rude and snarky? 

Here is his reply to my email:

Tom Bird

10:50 PM (12 hours ago)
    to me

Glen,

I read that exact blog every single morning. I'm also aware that there's not a single agent on that blog that has worked with my company. All of their "testimonies" are from people much like yourself, who have been scarred in the past. So, they choose to pay a fee to a blog to slander my company. Go figure. In regards to proving the legitimacy of my company, it is not my agents responsibility to cheerlead, nor promote our work. And at no point would I consider approaching a single one to do that. The people I work with know what we have, and will continue to accomplish in this industry. I'm sorry you've made bad business decisions in the past, apparently you're content to continue doing so. Regardless, thank you for your time, and best wishes for you in all future endeavors.

cleardot.gif

-Tom Bird

• So now "Paul" has left me a threatening voice mail because I posted the last reply.
      • Intimidating tactics for you to remove your experience with them.. 

Clearly  "Team Lear" is a scam and they are running out of willing agents to pay the $449.00 Lets keep posting our experiences all over the internet to warn other fellow realtors to stay away from companies that try to take advantage of our hard earn money.

Please dont send them money. They have no business references. No agents that have actually had a listing from them, No banks that will say they are working with them. No assets listed. They have a floating office and now they are threatening some of us with phone calls. (any more red flags?)

• I just got another call from a man who introduced himself as Paul Morris. Halfway through the conversation I asked for his name again and he said "Paul" so I asked for last name again. This time he said Miller.

He wanted to "apologize" to me for the rude manner in which the "asset manager" spoke to me. The. Proceeded to tell me that he couldn't even find a Tom Bird in heir system. During the call I asked how many people worked in the Colorado office listed on their site. He stated 17. Which is false because that is a virtual office!!

He couldn't provide me the name of one servicer or financial institution that they have worked with and again refused to give me the name of any agent who had received an asset assignment from them.

I have reported them to the link on page one of comments for Internet crimes And suggest that all others that are contacted do so as well.
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY, they should be putting the money in OUR escrow account to insure that THEY REIMBURSE US!  HELLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I just got a call from them too and did not check here first I paid them and they gave a property to check it is in pre foreclosure and I have to do a BPO on now what if they are a scam then what

• You're in it waist deep, I'd go for the full swim now. Worst case scenario, you don't lose any more money (don't pay any more than you have) and you waste two hours on a BPO. Best case, you either get the money back with their guarantee or you get a listing. Either way, most of the damage is done already.

This reply was deleted.