Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow, I too received this same call today. After being scammed by Someone called Reo Solutions (Reo Pro in disguise) I was reluctant. And she was fast talking the entire time. So glad I had my guard up and hesitated. Thanks for this post.
  • I just received a call today from Krystal of TeamLear --  asking for $400, +49 to use their software --  Sounds like a scam, she gave me an address with a NOD!!  She also said that the $400 would is for property preservation and would be refunded at the close of escrow!!  She was talking too fast and scammish!!

What a rip off!!

Realtors Beware!!

• Yep I had this call just now, was skeptical from the start.  Seen this too many times.  She gave me the address and of course I look it up as she's talking.  The house closed escrow 4 months ago, was an reo then. I explain this to her and she assures me Select Portfolio Services owns it.  I tell her that the owner of record is not a bank, it's names of regular people.  Nope, she's sure they own it, she's part of legal of course.  I let her go on for a while, found this post while she was talking.  Asked if I'll need to pay anything up front.  She didn't answer that directly.  I hung up.  Thanks for the warning everyone!  These scams just don't seem to ever die.

• Asset Valuations in Colorado is reputable and does pay. I have done BPOS for them for many years. They used to be in Corona, CA before moving to Colorado.
  • Run - Personally I think it is ABsolute reo reincarnated or something very similar. They are getting crafty too. LONG riff about how they need some one in your area badly & then they run down the zip codes. Just when you think it might be something profitable they spring the $449 - they didn't get me but I do so abhor the waste of time even speaking to them. This riff has gotten better over the years and they go out of their way to be personable and engaging - poor overworked asset manager etc. RUN some more. 

• STAY WAWAY FROM ANY BPO COMPANY IN COLORADO....mark my words,  NON PAYERS

• Can anyone recommend some legitimate Asset Management Companies? There are so many companies out there running scams.

Thanks.

• I deleted my big long post b/c there were a couple names in there which may or may not be associated with these guys.  Last Friday one of their people called me and asked me what they could do to get my terrible reviews down.  I played along.  They offered to give me a free account if i would change my reviews to more of a neutral status.  I agreed, but I was having mimosas and mostly just wanted him to get off the phone. He did drop a friendly little hint of suing me.

Well, he called back later when I had yet to take down my reviews.  I was busy, so i let it go to voicemail.

Chris just called me.  720-515-7037 was his number.  He works for their legal team and is a liaison with the courts.  What does that even mean.?  He wanted to talk to me about the defamation of character suit they were filing against me.  I guess that was supposed to scare me.  Yet, it did not.  Here is where it gets so funny.

Me:

Okay, "Chris", what is your last name?

Chris:

At this point that is irrelevant.

Me:

Oh, what law firm are you with?

Chris:

At this point this is also irrelevant.

Me:

Huh, okay then

Chris:

What do you have to say about the statements you have been making about them?

Me:

At this point that is not relevant.

AND CLICK

• Yeah, I received a message today from "Paul", he gave me two last names. Morris and Miller. He also has threatened a suit for defamation.

• This is too good. Is Chris a lawyer? He should know that one of the tests of defamation requires the publisher's, if its written, statement to be false. If the statement is factual then it is not defamation. Just because you don't like what someone says about you, if its true then there is zero you can do about it.

This reply was deleted.