Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Also you have to show damages to have a cause of action.  What are their damages???  Not being able to rip off another agent???

• Let me tell you a REAL attorney would have no problem giving you his last name, or his State Bar number.  It is laughable how this company is operating.  I still would like to see the Attorney General's office go after them for fraud.

They promise REO listings and they do not give any listings.  I know for a fact iREO Pro didn't either.  I did try to figure out where they are really located.  Their office address is a virtual office address it is not real.  Otherwise I would have filed a consumer complaint with the attorney general for that state.  What a joke.  I posted on my Linked In about this company to warn other agents.

• I just got the call from a Mike Anderson from Lear Dispo Group, said he has a property in my area needing a quick BPO.  I was of course skeptical, but decided to hear the rest of his spiel.  He was good at the game of building it up and then came the FEE...I started laughing at him, but he did not miss a beat by continuing reading his script.   I finally went off on him and told him to screw himself and hung up.  Seconds later I get an email from LDG@teamlear.com it states;  "Your account has been marked as inactive. If you have any questions please email us at info@teamlear.com or call us at 720-515-7037."

Any of you agents new to the REO game must realize that if you get a call like this it is 100% fraud. 

• That's interesting. Mike Anderson is the name of an agent in my area who does a significant amount of internet advertising.

• I just received the same call from Team Lear.  He didn't say anything about paying until I was able to look up information on this forum to see it was fraud.  So when I asked him mid sentence he said it was refundable after listing.  I asked him nicely to go to the next agent.  We are located just outside Portland Oregon.

• I just got a voice mail from an "asset manager" who didn't even state their company name. Duh.  Dead giveaway that she's no asset manager.  720 area code. 

• Kinda sounds like irepro. Same scenario. I haven't gotten anything yet. I have been keeping track on Property Radar on the properties I've done BPO's for. 1 loan was cured, so no listing there. The rest are still pending their auction dates. There is only 1 that appears to have foreclosed. I left a message with the person I'm working with at ireopro yesterday and emailed him today to see if I'm getting the listing or if I've been taken for a ride. We shall see. I mention this, because it was handled the same as you describe. I heard ireopro is also working under other names. Not sure if this is true or not. 

• I am hoping you put the fees on your credit card as you can dispute it and the credit card company will refund you the fees and then go after them.  As I said they told me they worked for various trustee companies yet when I contacted their legal counsel the company stated they did not work for them.

The other thing I did was ask iREO Pro to forward me a sample BPO.  Which they did, on the sample was the name of an agent and their phone number.  I called that agent and he had done 10 BPO's over months with no listing assignments.  I also forwarded the CEO of iREO Pro the various blogs about the company.  I did a conference call with him and asked him to email me the names of other agents they had given assignments to.  Needless to say nothing was ever sent.  I do think they need to be turned in to the Attorney General.

• Yes, it's on credit card. My husband wanted me to follow along with the BPO's I did to see what happens to the properties. Most are going to auction in May and then there is the one I've just inquired about. I want to see what happens about that. 

I have seen that other people that requested their money back, got a refund. I saved the information they originally sent me, saying if I don't get 1 reo listing in the first year, they will refund my money. If they turn out to be a scam, then I will file a complaint. Meanwhile, if they don't refund, then we will dispute with credit card and get our money back that way. 

It really ticks me off there are these scammers out there. All I wanted was to get into the REO's and there are apparently so many of these  fake companies taking advantage of us when all we want is to earn a good living. 

• just get real listings forget REO's,  In 32 years I have found that working with real sellers if far mor rewarding than trying to sell a REO that has bee trashed

This reply was deleted.