About a month ago I missed 3 deadlines on a property that was a major fixer in a distant mls and about 90 minutes from me. In hindsight I should of said no to the asset assignment. The company was a great client of mine. To make a long story short the pre marketer cancelled the asset and quickly reassigned with a local agent. Does anyone know how to go about finding out if you are on the dnu or blacklist? I assume I have been since no other listings have been assigned. Should I call the a.m or pre marketer or just forget about it and move on. If there really is this elusive "blacklist" is it just within each company or do they pass it around? This one bum deal is really killing my inventory. Your help is appreciated.JTS

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Let me add my tow cents into the mix.

I don’t know if or if not there is a DNU list but when I have agents who work for me that do not keep deadlines will automatically have a reduction in performance rating.

…and having a higher performance rating is in getting business everything…
  • not only do the companies have a "Do not use" list, but they also have a preferred broker list. We found out by accident when one of our title companies mentioned by accident that we got inveted to a special function because we were on Citibanks "preferred brokers list" and shortly thereafter we got picked up be several new banks and outsourcers because of being on that list.

So, there are TWO lists, the good list and the bad list.
  • Hey John, DNU or Black lists do exist. As for sharing with other companies, that does not happen. I can tell you if your on the list majority of times someone at asset company/bank will not confirm this for you. As a former Asset Manager i can tell you first hand that its pretty hard to get off the list and best way to find out is to talk to Asset Manager who pulled you off the asset to find out exactly why. In future cases if you get an assignment that is far away or you just cant handle honesty is best policy, since most companies have now adopted to a "rotating assignment method" (i.e. not same asset managers for specific area) AM's are taking detailed notes and updating their management systems with dealings with agents. So if you messed up, that is in the system for other AM's to see... It was easier even 2 years ago to maybe slip up and then smooth the issue away due to dealing with same AM within your territory. But now with "rotating assignment method" and high AM turnover, one bad notation in file, could hurt your business with that company no matter how good you were in past. Not trying make it sound bad, just telling you how it is from inside perspective and to help REOPRO members adapt to the ever changing REO industry. Good luck John.
  • Trust me, ALL the AMers and Pre-marketers from that company know not to send assignments your way, you pissed someone off, cant win them all.
    • Thanks for your kind words of encouragement Michael, LOL
      • LOL sorry, it is what it is, buy the entire office lunch, send them 50 pizzas and tell them your next BPO will be delivered within 30 minutes or it's FREE!
  • Do you care to say what deadlines you missed. Most of the AM's I work with and talk to tell me there is no grade like A or B but a percentage grade on different things.
    • Initial BPO and Rehab Requests. This home was a bear, it was a partial remodel and they wanted bids to rehab the whole home!
  • I've heard that management from different financial institutions get together once a month and go over the agents that are on their own DNU list. Then a master list is prepared that is spread to all the entities that have REO assets.

Just kidding. LOL As far as I know there is no collaboration to exchange names but each individual institution have their own DNU list of agents that have not worked out or have not done a terrible job. Once you get on the list it's hard to get back on the preferred list. If it was just a minor offense you might not be on the DNU but they are just not assigning you properties. You could send a card to the pre-marketer and asset manager explaining to them that you took the assignment to help even though you shouldn't have. They might understand or they might not. Good luck and keep us posted!
    • Your first paragraph about gave me a heart attack. You're killing me man! Thanks for the ideas. I will try that. It sure as heck can't hurt.
This reply was deleted.