Replies

• In Wisconsin I see the $30-$40 BPO offerings at least twice a week. 

• Hi Addie. Pro-Teck lowered their rates at the beginning of this year year because they said they upgraded their software. They did upgrade their software, but do we need to "pay" for that? They are higher than $30, I will say that much. The exterior BPO is $45 and for an interior they are paying $65.00.
    • Pro-Teck will only pay that amount if you submit the job on time - EST, and it has to be submitted the next day after you accepted the job. Can not go by PST (lost 3 hours of work because we are 3 hours behind in California). They do deduct if you don't get the job on time. Those lost 3 hours is a real killer, especially when you accept the job at 5:00 PM and it has to be submitted the next day. You do your best to complete the orders, but it is not easy. For some reason, their form takes longer to finished. It is not like Clear Capital, Fiserv, E-Mortgage, AVM, ... etc. when you can finish on time with no problem. I usually can do 4 a day manually, but with Pro-Teck I can only do no more than 2 orders from them.

I did ask the representative at Pro-teck can they change the time to 12 mid-night PST for the west coast agents. ... thinking that they'll be sleeping at that time. The representative said there are people working during those hours, and she can not change the system. O'well, at least it was a shot.
  • I have seen the drop. We are seeing $35 driveby and $45 Interiors in the Tampa Bay area. I have enough higher paying clients that I do not venture toward these. I believe that this may well be short lived. It is a market situation, supply and demand. As long as there are agents willing to do the work, then this is a market economy. I personally believe that QUALITY will eventually show up as lacking. This last week I got 3 calls from clients asking if I would take work! Happens more and more. The old addage, you get what you pay for, may well prove true in the BPO world.
  • Sam, you posted that they want you to take photos for 5 bucks each. What on earth are they doing with just photos?

Are they paying non-agents to fill in the reports, or are they using automated processess to do it?

Also, I agree with whoever said that the QC is annoying. I give a value, explain any oddities or inconsistencies, and then, after having explained, I get a QC question about what I have already done.

It is because they are trying to automate the process.

Chris
    • Chris,
      There are companies hiring people to take front image or photos of the exterior for MLS and
      assistants to do the comps under a broker's license.

In one job posting one office offers a realtor to do at least 12 BPOs a day. I assume the images are outsourced.
      That person will review escrows, following up with transactions etc. It offers 20 dollars an hour. They expect one
      to $160/12=$13 or less per bpo plus other duties assigned.....
      You folks here are not happy with $30 how about $13 or less a BPO in No California?

Sam
      • California is so liberal I wish the state would float away with the people on it.

• Funny thing is, this discussion could be considered anti-trust as we all discuss what we'll accept and what we won't.

As for myself, I have quit doing bpo's unless there is a chance to get the listing. I stared off doing any bpo that came along. I spent hours making them perfect.

Don't get me wrong, the experience was invaluable: I can do 'em in my sleep, I can speak the lingo, etc.

But if it isn't a "prospecting" bpo, then my time is better spent recruiting agents or looking for listings and buyers.

I still think if a company is looking for new blood in a market, bpo volume counts, if you are lucky enough to get an interview.

I would love to hear other opinions.

Chris Butterfield
        chris@slreo.com
        • Actually not yet

• We have experienced a price reduction. So in order to focus on what is worth my time and money I reduced the distance I drive to do them and will not go below $40.00 not worth the time spent doing them
This reply was deleted.