Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wonder if there is some deliberate irony in the name that is much like King Lear - a convoluted tale of lies and deceit. .....

• BEWARE !!! of any BPO company in Colarado, I believe this one you mention has changed their name a dozen times...Walk Away....

• They are making the rounds on the call list. BEWARE. I just got called. I told her I would be happy to pay the $400.00 one time fee at closing of the property she wanted to send me. She said the fee for the software was $49.00. She is going to talk to her boss and see if we can arrange that. I told her I was checking title on the properties to see if the NOD had even been filed she said there is no need to do that we do all the Title work. HAHA.

• I just received a call from this company this morning. I questioned the caller about the deposit(fee) they requested. He states that it is refundable after closing the first sale. He did give me three address in my area, I looked them up and they are in NOD, but not bank owned so I would call this bogus. I have never had an asset manager ask me for a deposit before assigning me a listing. When I told the caller that I would be willing to handle the utilities and other sale related expenses, as I do for some banks he said he would waive the $450. deposit. I will do the BPO and see what happens but I would never send someone money for an REO listing.

• Hi Travis, did you get the listing from Team Lear?  I just got the call to do a bpo on a million dollar listing from team lear along with the $450 deposit to be refunded as soon as the property is listed by me.  So is this for real or not?  Let me know.  Thanks! jerrischick@yahoo.com

• No. During a subsequent phone call with someone who claimed to be above the "asset manager" told me that she did not have authority to have been "assigning" me those listings and he apologized. Good times.

• I think you already know the answer to this one, Jerri.  They are a fraud.

• Yep, if it sounds too good . . . I am going to continue to follow this thread and hope we can do something concrete to stop them.

• Common sense is the only thing that will stop them. 

This reply was deleted.