UTLS NOT PAYING BROKERS FOR BPO *BEWARE*

Just wanted to start another discussion about BPO Companies to STAY away from.  UTLS Default has not paid me for almost 10 months.

I keep getting the runaround.  No one ever answers the phone or a voice mail. No one replies to emails or in the rare occassion I get a response it is the same one. Their system was interrupted and checks going on Friday.  Thanks for your patience. 

What do you as Broker's think we should do? Threaten to notifiy all of their clients of their lack of paying? Better Business Bureau?

Would love your input.

Michelle

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi January, 

Thanks for the info.  I don't know what is going on with them. I can't log into the site but I too have been receiving 5 to 10 BPO requests from UTLS.  I reply with a Firm NOWAY!  You don't pay brokers so why would I ever consider working for you again.  I guess it doesn't matter because I still keep getting them!  

I just hope everyone who is considering working with them is doing their research and seeing this discussion.  

Thanks again and keep us posted! 

Michelle

• I noticed that the site was down about a week ago. I dont think it is coming back. I am not owed any money from them. I just got a check about 3 weeks ago for the last few ordes they owed me. But it took calling and emailing almost daily to finally get it. I am on board with you. It was a nightmare. It took longer to get paid than it took to complete the orders. There must be some way to Unite all the brokers and agents across the country that are getting burned by these companys that dont pay. I just dont know how to go about doing tit. Anyone have a good watchdog news station in their state. I am going to send this in to one in Arizona. Dont know if it will be a story they will be interersted in but I will keep you posted. Will you all send me emails personally of company's that have not paid you and are gone now. I will put together a list for the new watch dog in Az. Who knows maybe we can get something going RE: an agreement between the BPO mills and the agents. Thanks.

Kelly Klei

Discovery Realty

KlKlei@cox.net

• I have started looking for bankruptcy plans for this company on Google and haven't found any.  If someone finds something please let the group know.
  • Check your mail for a bankruptcy notice
    • I haven't seen anything can you forward a copy of yours if you have gotten one?
      • Haven't got one yet but this just what happened with LA. I wouldn't be suprised if they resurfaced under another name

• Just an update!  UTLS has now disabled my log in info and does not recognize any email address.  It looks like the company is probably out of business now.  They were suppose to be at Five Star in Dallas this week and there weren't.

I will keep you all posted if I hear anything about them!

Michelle

• They owe me over 1500. Their agent login page doesn't work today. Anyone experience this? This is the same pattern as before when they were Land America and went belly up. Think it's happening again.
  • ME TO NO REPONDS AND NO PAY.
  • I have been working for UTLS and it's FKAs for about 5 years.  They also paid until about July 2010.  In January, 2011 they sent checks to make up all of 2010.  That is the last payment I received and I worked doing BPOs for them through July, 2011.  They owe me over $6000.  I have been asured by all that work there that the checks will be coming and that they went to a 90-120 day pay cycle.  I haven't worried about it because that is what they said before and they did pay me. 

However, now I am concerned.  They haven't had any orders in my area since July.  As of today, their web site is down and the phone numbers are disconnected.

A couple of years ago they went Bankrupt and there was a class action suit.  I was contacted by those attorney's but I wasn't owed anything at that time so I didn't get involved.

I am definitely interested in being involved  in a recovery effort.  My email is anchorchiro@yahoo.com

This reply was deleted.