Sharing resources.

Tony Rosales, who is a member of this group, and was an Asset Manager for LPS for many years, did my resume and within a week I started getting calls.  I have been getting 2-3 new listings a week for the last 6 weeks.  I had to hire a new buyers agent to keep up with the sign calls.  I just weanted to publicly thank you, Tony, for your help and support in my career. 

In addition to helping me tweak my resume, Tony did one of my BPO's for me, so I could see what a 'perfect' BPO looks like, from an Asset Manger's prospective, and reviewed my BPO's until he could come up with no more critique.  There is HUGE benefit in having the inside scoop to help sharpen one's skills to perfection.  I have had a few really, really hard cases come up that I have been able to run by him and get direction.  Like the house from hell, filled with snakes, and the scene of serious crimes and satanic activities....Safe Guard actually walked off the job!  Said it was the worst they have ever seen and would not go back to that house for any amount of money.....this at a time when my favorite asset manager was replaced by six new asset managers....that I did not know.....what an amazing value to have stumbled upon his help.  If anyone needs help with anything REO...look him up...here or on Facebook..he is a kind-hearted soul that is willing to help and is just an all around nice guy!  If you have a treasured resource to 'share back', please do so!  We need all the help we can get these days :)

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Barb,
    I have been getting lots of BPOs from Ocwen and would love to get a copy of your perfect bpo.
    dhennigan@hcrhome.com
    Thanks a bunch!
    • Hello, everyone. Yes, I feel very blessed as my business is certainly booming! For the past 12 weeks, not one week has passed that I have not received at least one listing and usually 2, 3, or 4. My team is in place and we are running like a well oiled machine....finally. A year and a half ago, when I had just one buyers agent helping me and I was getting slammed with listings, I thought this business was going to kill me, for sure. It felt rather like carrying an elephant uphill all by myself. Having a great team makes all the difference....I can stay busy AND sane :) and still deliver an outstanding result!

Tony has been a great help to me and I am glad to have him available. I have to say that, while a great BPO and a great resume are very helpful to get the foot in the door, the key to keeping and building your business is to do what you do better than anyone else, and that can be one very TALL ORDER. In all I have done in my life, I have never, ever seen the kind of competition that exists in the REO market right now. The old cliche, 'Go the extra mile' doesn't even begin to touch it. To beat out your competition it is necessary to go the extra 100 miles and do it with a smile :)

There is a certain large bank that only lists with me in 4 Counties here. I do tons of properties for them and I know I have a solid relationship with them, yet every listing I get, I treat it as if it was my first listing for them and I am trying to make a good impression. I am never so naive as to think for a second that if I slip up, get slack, or lose my sharp edge that there is another fine agent ready to pick up any balls that I may drop.

It's a thankless job sometimes with very little personal time (ok NONE) and sometimes it is expected that we be superhuman, be everywhere at once, have a crystal ball and magic powers. This is definately no business for the faint of heart, or those who feel they are entitled to personal time, respect, or gratitude. In fact, I think sometimes, that in order to really be the cream that rises to the top, one must be somewhat twisted and psychotic, because unless you are, and you truly love the contant challenges, no time off, and many times a reduced commission with REO bills denting your bank account everyday, how will you ever last?

For a few sick, twisted individuals like myself, the rare occasion when an asset manager picks up the phone to thank you for doing such a great job and tell you that you are his/her best agent makes it all worth it and is far more valuable than the paycheck.

I truly love REO and am going to be miserably sad when it's over :( At least the banks didn't watch their children grow up in the house and have strong emotional ties, or I don't have to dodge plates as a husband and wife get into a fight about whether or not to accept an offer, or have to break up a fist fight between Ms. Buyer & Ms. Seller over whether or not a lace shower curtain is staying with the house. (Yes....this happened to me) Gimme REO any day!!!
      • Barb I am late getting in this,is it possible to see a copy of the "perfect BPO" for me too? I know there has got to be something I'm not doing perfect,but I have tried to apply all I learn from all the companys combined and apply it as I go,have gotten a lot of compliments but I see other peoples BPO's,even the ones that are getting listings and mine seem more thorough,but is that what they want? Have I just not gotten the break yet? Help! Judith.truitt@century21.com
        • I have had a lot of requests....so if I missed anyone, it was unintentional...please pardon! Just email me again at barbshew@yahoo.com if I missed you. Thanks.
          • Hi Barb, can you please email me a copy of the"perfect BPO " to sandysreo@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance.
          • Thanks soooooooooo much,I had gotten the suggestion some time ago through the AM blog to write descriptive, yours was very helpful and showed me that I was headed in the right direction. I love the addendum. ORDS started asking for original price and how many times reduced,we started that on everybody elses too and found out they like that a lot.
  • Hi Barb-

I would also be interested in your perfect BPO. My email is evanskcrealestate@yahoo.com.

Thank You

Kevin
    • Barb,

I'm very happy to hear that you're getting REO assignments right now. Everyone I spoke to recently said they are getting less and less assignments. Can you please also send me a copy of your "Perfect BPO"? My email: samtous@gmail.com

Thank you,

Sam
  • Hi Barb,

I will try and link up with Tony but I was curious if you could send me an example of a "perfect BPO"? My email is Brendan@TheBarticGroup.com

Thank you,
    Brendan
    • I have done over 700 BPO'S i would like to see a perfect BPO just to compare. dhernandez@evistaresources.com
This reply was deleted.