Replies

• you're probably right on the length.  I was just so surprised to find so many with good information on those bad companies.  Maybe changing to companies that give REO listings would be good.  I haven't checked, perhaps there already is one, but I've been very grateful for all the input on this discussion.  Thank you everyone here.

• ORTC-one of the lowest paid valuation providers. $45 per multi-million dollar home interior. If I accept a 20 mil home off by 5% I can technically in trouble with my 1 mil E&O. $30 for drive by. These are the most expensive addresses in N America. I think if they contact you by phone you can ask for a little more gas money. Often they can not find agents interested in it.  They do not pay their employees well either. That goes with the title and escrow staff as well.  Best company to gain business is probably this site.

I am in Silicon Valley most homes are returning to peak or at least at or above water. There are few short sellers and established reo brokers are getting into other opportunities or closing their business.

• Old Republic doesn't like to pay a fair price. I have found though that if I don't respond to the email, they will then call and I can tell them what I will do it for. However in our area we do not have a lot of people that will do BPO's at all so it is more difficult for them to find agents. I have never had a problem with them paying once I do an order. If they can't find anyone else, they will negotiate. I do the same with any of them if I don't feel they are paying a fair price. If they won't negotiate, I don't accept the order. Usually they agree.

• I agree, OR will negotiate if they can't get anybody, just email to a co ordinator you worked with before, ask if they know who has it and give your amt and turn around time and USUALLY they will forward it on to whoever has it. I charge them all the same unless it's super out in the Boonies and I tell them that's why I'm sticking with my fee, I agree, if they don't want to pay it, I don't do it.....not trying to be hard to get along with.

• Thanks so much!  I don't do orders for less than $50 unless they are inspections, so most of my orders are negotiated.  I'm in a mostly rural area with small cities but still manage 40-60 orders per month. 

• Which BPO company (s) you deal with that you get that many every month?

• Anyone know how to contact ServiceLink? I have tried for 3 days and no one responds. The 800 777 8759 is useless. It appears it is now Footprints. If I do not get their response today I want to report them.

• Footprints maybe that Chicago outfit that scams folks out of money

• Jay,

One of my agents was contacted by Footprints and stated their BPO's would turn into short sales and there's a $99 certification class to take. I'm smelling BS

• If you need payment for past orders, I have been in contact for payment information on an order that I had past due. his email address is "Foflygen, Brian" <Brian.Foflygen@servicelinkfnf.com>

Hope this helps.

This reply was deleted.