Replies

• There is no way I could get listings like that. I am in Ohio........

• I also prefer to work listings, but not only do I enjoy doing BPO's since they keep me up on the market, I am also in a small market with about the same number of agents as listings. I do not work for companies that don't pay and I have been doing BPO's long enough that I can pretty well pick and choose the properties I accept. I also usually name my price and get it. I have also listed a number of properties because of the BPO's, although not as many as I would like. I have been in the business for 35 years and I have found BPO's a good way to keep up with the market, just in case I get a listing, and also a good way to have some extra play money without working hard. Congrats on doing so well. I am actually surprised you are even watching a blog on REO's.

• Guys and gals, If you list/sell only two homes a month you make a lot more for way less trouble. That said---why do I do these? Stuck in a rut. I developed a way to take as many as TWENTY A DAY and actually do them without cheating on driving, pictures, work. Im not getting rich but its non stop pay and has been for 4 years. I took 25 orders from 2 companies just yesterdfay and have to drive over 100 miles today/tomorrow. Put 100,000 miles on my car just doing BPOs. Yes, one certainly knows the market after doing this. You can name a street in Portland and I can tell you the values.  Every day I want to stop this and go back to sales but then the orders come in---guess I should thank God.

• I know. I make more money doing property inspections and BPOs than I do selling houses, even at the peak of the market when I sold over 100 a year I still made more money doing these. I hate it but it pays the bills.

• And lucky you! Care to share with those of us, that got stuck doing BPOS, in hopes of listings. Now having to reinvent. Pay it forward, and who knows:0)

• Has anybody heard of AIM You Way, LLC aka Americas Info Mart?
    I received an email from them this morning about signing up and available work orders.
    So, I signed up and logged in. They had some orders available, but they were all "Occupancy Inspections - Contact".

No other information on how much they pay or what their inspection involves. The just have, "Call 000-000-0000 if you are interested in accepting this order".

I searched online for any negative things about them. I found a few, but they were all from last year and all from those who do property preservation. Primary complaint was for not being paid because of invoicing issues. 

• They have you do an occupancy inspection. Its in rural Vermont. 10 below zero, 2 feet of snow. Power to house is disconnected, no exhaust from chimney, windows frosted over, no foot prints in the snow...obviously vacant.  AIM Your Way then changed the requirements when I submitted my report saying I needed names, address and phone # of all neighbors verifying house was vacant. Then they refused to pay.  Bad People...

• I did Property preservation work for them and they did pay and on time.

• I did a little work for them a few years ago, I stopped working for them because they don't pay much for the work involved. If I recall they pay ok they just don't pay much for the work involved.

• Thanks. I heard from another person that they only pay $7.50 for the inspections and they act like you should be glad to get work from them.

This reply was deleted.