Replies

• I used to love LPS.  Paid every 2 weeks, lots of orders, ect.  Than they gave me an order, that was easy to find comps, ect since it was located a larger city, normally I do a ton of rural area.  Well they sent the order back, and said they had a really demanding client, and I needed to change this and that and the other.  I refused and told them to please reassign it.  About 4 months later, they dropped me stating I did not comply with that order.  Has anybody else experinced that with LPS.  I tried calling to speak to someone, sent emails, and nothing.  I even paid for the criminal background check around the same time they dropped me. :(((

• Same issues here but I still get a few orders from them.  I finally figured out if I go into great detail in the comments about being in a very rural area in East Texas and houses may be more than 5 miles apart and are rarely comps.  On one order they came back and said comps had to be within 5 miles and I told them "Good Luck finding them." and they finally accepted it.  I never used to have that problem.    Glad to know I'm not alone. 

• LPS is one of my biggest companies.  About 8 months or so ago, they called and said I wasn't being given many bpos because my fees were to high and if I lowered them I would get more work.  Well, begrudgingly I did, but I did not get more work.  I was hoping for volume at this point.  Then a couple of weeks ago they called again and asked me to lower my fees. I told them NO, they were low enough.  I still get work from them. I live in a small resort town where we don't get lots of assignments anyway. They do tend to send reports back saying their client wants specific this and that.  I just put in the addendum, that being a small town I can't always stay within their criteria.  That seems to work.

• My orders with LPS have been cut down considerably too.  I constantly get rejection notices from them with comparables they want me to change, they are usually our of their parameters of distance or GLA, where the ones I used were within thei guidelines.  Present staff is nasty.

• yes, very much so. lately many people I am dealing with are extremely nasty and unprofessional. Many of them are younger people, meaning under the age of 30 and there is no respect.

• Problem is that they all are hiring people and either nt training them well and/or not hiring people with real estate experience.  I was an AM years ago and I was hired because I was a Realtor and had real estate experience.

• I think that the state of the economy as well as all of the national nastiness is causing a lot of us to just want to rip on everyone. My tact is usually something along the lines of 'I know you must be under a lot of pressure but I am too. I have to operate under a code of ethics as well as being true to myself and your clients. Do you understand where I'm coming from?' etc. It takes everything I've got to be as tactful as possible.

That being said, I do not compromise my principals. I will pass up business and chalk up completed work as a lesson. I will consider reviewers suggestions and present my reasons pro and con.

I recently had a reviewer almost in tears when I told her it wasn't fair to be threatened with reassignment of a completed BPO when I was out of town and her requirements were so inconsequential. She wanted a larger copy of the signature I've been using for over 3 years and sales and listing history of all comps. I had completed the BPO 2 days before I left yet they want 'corrections' in 6 hours. I WAS angry yet found a way to calm myself down and say 'Do you understand why I feel this way?'. That was tough. I even apologized for upsetting her.

I think we all have to consider that some of these people do not earn very much and their jobs are very insecure. I try to be the adult...
            • unfortunately many of them are not adults in maturity level, I am getting bullied by inexperienced, clueless asset managers who are probably half my age and if you do not agree with them on anything they either reassign your listing or bpo or at least threaten to. You cannot reason with them.

• I went through the same thing.  I had been working with them for years and never turned any BPO's away to be in good standing at all times and always do my own photos.  Well about 4 months ago, I did a local BPO submitted and then they came back wanting me to do the same and I said I would stick to my original submition.  Then they again came back and said I submitted another agents photo.  I sent them back proof where that the photo actually came from which was my  android showing detailing when the file was created.  This home was situated on a corner lot that was in a very busy school area with lots of traffic and the only way you can get a decent picture was in one corner angel across the street at the school curb.  My picture probably looked similar to others but never the less it was my photo.  They turned around and said I was out of guidelines and did not comply.  So, I sent them an email saying that I thought they were dishonest and I new in the past that LPS had been under lawsuits and other investigations with their REO department procedures and never heard back.  Sometimes I think what's going on is that these representatives at LPS are getting desperate for a commission and when we don't comply with their unethical ways they simply drop us.   Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's the reason they have had to drop the REO business and have recently been outsourcing their BPO business as well.  BOFA has been one of their BIGGEST ACCOUNTS and are probably not too happy with them anymore and about ready to do away with them too as they did with RES.NET.

• ditto  pain in the r&*)...

This reply was deleted.