Replies

• Anyone familiar with HomeTrustNation.com?  Just got a request for BPO and am not familiar with them. 

• Stick with one or two from Jason. It took me three years to get paid on some reports I did for him.

• I have worked with HomeTrustNation and they do pay it takes about 30 days to get paid and there form is not that bad. They are small and do not have alot of work all the time like some companies

• Be careful, the owner is a very insecure individual who takes offense to everything you say to him. Also, It took him nearly three years to pay me when his business dropped off. It has improved somewhat but he is on edge.

• I hear McDonalds is hiring at 10 bucks an hour, I figure maybe I should start working there if I had to accept $20 or $30 orders, no gas to spend and eat lunch for free.

• I'm with you David, not worth the money. I've increased my fees for regular bpo's and started moving back to traditional resales. Also expanded into another business to supplement my income. Best part is it keeps me in touch with my past customers while earning a monthly residual income!

• that's a crack up David.  You know what?  I can look around my house and list stuff on ebay and sell it without ever having to leave except to ship it.  There are other ways to earn extra income especially needed as I am on SS retirement now.  Retirement?  What's that?

• lol I agree. No way would I drive anywhere for $20 bucks. I never mind working for a living but I am worth alot more. If I accept one for $100 it better be right next door and even then I dont want to do them for that little. 

• Has anyone started using the new program for inspection/conditions report from Corelogic that only pay $20.  I received an email that this program was going to be launched in my area soon.  I emailed them back telling them I preferred only doing standard BPO's but they said since I was on their AA/PLATINUM list of vendors you have to be willing to do these.  They also said, they were not like regular BPO's and agents did not have to include information about active/sold comps.  If agents are concerned about the pay, they can go in and change the fee in their profile.  Though, I'm pretty sure if agents do that they will probably stop sending work all together.  I don't understand why they had to go so low on the fee?  I think $35 would have been OK as long as it is local and only an inspection and no reporting of comps.  At the end, you might have time to do more reports but still and the end of the day, you will still make the same fee as if you did full BPO's depending on how many.  These days, you have to do 2 BPOs in order to make what you did two years ago doing one.  With fee's like $20/$30 your doing 3 or 4 for the price of one.  I do not mind providing comps, its just when they seem to never accept your findings and want you to change them out so often to meet their own listing agents BPO needs that makes more work and not worth it.  I just go back and keep telling them that I am the local agent and know more about my area than the out of town listing agent they are going to be using when its time to market and then they will usually accept it after that. 

• You must drive to the property and take 4-5 photos.  The report is done in 5 minutes.  No property information and no comps.  You will answer some questions about exterior condition and if the property is affected by a disaster. The report is a "no report" type. Just the photos.

About the QC calling back and asking to change your comps, I have had 2-3 of those situations only, but I reviewed the comps they provided and they were not usable, they were either too old and in a case they contained false information, which I also rectified for them. It is more work when they do that. 

This reply was deleted.