Replies

• Ha, they called me to do a commercial BPO about 18 months ago.  I chased them around for 6-7 months and when I threatened to go to the BBB, they responded and paid me. They have never called me back nor would I do another

• Stephen, run away as fast as you can from them. They acquired Infinity National Asset Management a year or two back who was also a scam company. A quick online search showed there were hundreds of people complaining that they had not been paid for BPO work. The former CEO of Infinity is now in the upper management pool of Brillion and they are carrying on the scam of fleecing agents. Instead of only trying to get $300, they are trying to scam you out of almost $1,000 for training courses to become "certified" to received work from them.

If you fall for this scam, I have a bridge in Death Valley over a mythical lake that has a gold mine on the other side of it that I want to sell you.

• I have come across several homes in our local communities within 50 miles that have signs posted by safeguard, National Home Preservation etc..etc..and others and when I walk in theses homes, I am in complete SHOCK TO SAY THE LEAST.  These are homes that have been empty for 3-4-5 years and have never been cleaned up by these companies and they even have a posted log with signatures of when they did work that was never done!  Windows that were boarded up that are now halfway off, walls with all kinds of holes in them, wires sticking out all over the place, trash everywhere and not to mention you can tell that homeless people have been in and out of them.  Maybe its possible the banks are finding out these companies are not doing the jobs they reported and stopped payments?  Which means they can not pay in turn what an agent has done for them. It really up sets me that these properties are left in these conditions and that it has an affect on the communities and homeowners trying to sell that are in need to get out before they get foreclosed on, specially in the lower income communities that are already struggling way more than other surrounding area's in their town.  THE BANKS ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS and they are hiring 3rd party vendors that don't care about it either and only want you to list properties way cheap in order to get a quick commission. When they ask me to list real cheap, I let them know they are not listing a FMV whether they like it or not and then I will not waist my time traveling back and forth checking on them and let them expire. I will always give fair market values and never compare owner occupied with REO's/short sales and never mixed them together on my BPO's.  We as agents need to put are foots down and start educating these asset managers and banks what the true values are in order to get our economy back again.  If we keep comparing apples to oranges, all were going to keep getting is more REO's and more investors in our communities with nothing more than rentals and no more real family neighborhoods.  Remember agents, in some of those communities your mother, father ,brother, sister, cousin or..or.. live and you are helping mess up their lives when you contribute to the unethical practices these vendors and banks ask of you.  STOP DOING IT!

• Anyone doing any listings for Meridian Assets out of Florida?

• yes, just closed one for Meridian and I also do BPOs for them. They pay promptly for both BPOs and reo reimbursements.

• i've done 24 starting in aug. 2010, always call me ahead to check if i have time to accept assignment, pay promptly, and courteous. I'm in San Joaquin county, Calif.

• I like Meridian and I just closed my first listing with them. They used Pyramid for their website

• Does anyone have any experience with Quandis Vendor Module?  I believe they are the platform SAMREO and Old Republic use for BPO's.  I just received the following email and am wondering if it is worth the $10 a month? Anyone's experience or help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Valued Agent,

We appreciate you joining the network of providers in the Quandis Vendor Module. We currently have 6 companies that utilize this network of Real Estate Agents to fulfill orders. Over the next few months this number will be increasing. All new clients automatically add Premier Members to their own network and begin using them to fulfill their orders the first day of live order placement. Basic Members are only added to their network when they experience difficulty assigning specific orders.

During the past 2 weeks there have been over 3000 order solicitations sent out. If you were not solicited for any of these orders, or were not able to accept them in time, it is possible that you missed them simply because you are a Basic Member. Another large batch of orders is expected within the next two weeks. Dont miss out! For only $10 per month you can upgrade to a Premier Membership and increase your opportunity to receive many more orders! Premier Membership includes:

• New Order alerts via text message

• New Order alerts via multiple email addresses

• Include or Exclude ZIP Codes

• Select specific coverage by City, County and State

• Filter out Cities which you do not cover

• Proudly display your Certifications to potential Clients

• Inform potential Clients of your affiliations

• Upload and track licenses, E/O Policies and W9 information

• Built in notifications to alert you when any credentials are set to expire

• Provide Personal and Professional References

• Provide Web Site Information

• John,
      I tried the Quandis Vendor Module late last year and paid the $10 for 4 months. Got nothing out of it.
      I did the same upgrade thing with DispoSolutions. Same results. With Dispo it made no difference if I upgraded or not. The BPO workload was the same.

I don't know how it is in other areas, but in mine the REO and Short Sales driven market has dropped off to almost nothing. BPOs went from 50 a week to 5 a month. And on top of that, the BPO companies just want to cut what they pay that it is not even worth doing them. So, I don't even bother doing BPOs anymore. I have focused on building my real estate business back up. Since the market has improved in my area, I have people calling and emailing me to list their properties. 

• I have noticed the volume for BPO's in my area has dropped considerably, they do try to cut the fees to where it definitely isn't worth it and other agents are using auto accept to get a lot of the orders that do come.  I have made up a little of the lost volume by concentrating on the rural orders that no one else will do and charging higher fees.  

I agree with you that building the traditional real estate business back is the best course of action.

This reply was deleted.