Replies

• They have a facebook page.
    https://www.facebook.com/reoprocorp

We need to all post warnings on the pages for agents that aren't aware of who they are. 

See posts, photos and more on Facebook.
  • Hey look guys I received the same B.S. e-mail this morning, from an asset manager by the name of Alexander Brooks. While talking ( interviewing ) him, I called him by three different names, which he responded to. ha ha ... This is such a scam, but I thought I would have some fun with him. I told him I thought the program was under valued and they should charge more for what they offer... Really, this guy was shocked.  I asked him to give me a name of an agent in Orange County, but he said he was not able to do so.   I asked for a city that he had an open asset with and he said...after about a minute of looking at his computer ( remember this is an asset manager with an open file right! ).. He came up with Mister Viejo...I said you mean Mission Viejo.. Yeah Yeah thats right he says... I told him I would call him later but that I would for sure sign up! Ha Ha Ha... I'll call him again later and string him along just to screw with him. Look if you paid for this you deserve to loose your $400. NO REO asset manager would ever allow an agent to talk to them like that who is a real asset managaer.... Good luck  

• Someone from REO Pro Corp. called me and left a message about 3 BPO assignments in my area. ...  I think they might be another SCAMMER.

Usually, BPO companies do not call you about assignments, unless you have registered with them already.  You have to have your BRE / DRE, W-9, E&O insurance, zip code information and background check information already in placed. 

• Yes, for the most part this is true.  The only time I have received a solicitation to do a BPO, when not a vendor yet, is when I have already placed an application with a company months before, and they now finally need me to do an order.  This happened a couple of weeks ago to me.  I signed up with them last year and they contacted me to finish my registration and do a BPO that they were desperate to get done.  I think I have only ever had one company which contacted me to sign up with them without me initiating the relationship, and that was Single Source.  All I can guess is that another company referred me to them or perhaps they got to see a first opinion BPO that I did and decided to contact me to join their vendor network. 

Usually if it sounds too good to be true then it is.  I for one would NEVER pay for the chance to be assigned an REO.  There is just too much risk on my part and not enough guarantee of a reward.  Why should I pay to work?  I think they have it the wrong way around, they pay us to work. 

• Total Scam. Steer clear or REO PRO Corp. Their name chosen to to prey on the good folk here at REO Pro blog.  I don't know how these scammers get to continue to rip us off, year after year, They are a reformed iteration of Bankers REO (meant to be confused with Bankers Asset Management, a legit company). They were also Footprints REO. Before that, they were Absolute REO (ABS REO). DO NOT PAY their fee! The only thing that has changed is they went from $300 to $349 and now ask $400 to join and get listings. Please just move on from them. I have no idea how we don't have them put in jail for this long-running scam. They shut down, move to another state and reopen the corporation with another name. They are thieves, scoundrels, liars, rip-offs. Could I be any more clear here? See this video as well. You Tube Video on Bankers REO. I dealt with them years ago. Total scum bags. Thanks Mike for video!

• I turned them down after reading reviews...BESIDES I do not pay for work they pay ME..

• People keep referring to this company in comments here as REO PRO???  Why?  Please get it right they are REO PRO Corp!   They have used a name very similar to THIS great forum!

Also,

This is definetly a scam, they caled me 2 days ago.  When I was hesitant to send them $400 , they gave me 2 addresses to do an occup. check.  Before I got in my car, I looked up one of them and it had been listed 6 days ago.  It was listed by an agent I knew, so I called him and he said they had called several agents in his office and were complete frauds!!!   They throw out names of other agents in your area who are after you in the list but since you are so wonderful, they MUST work with YOU! lol!   To make them selves seem legit, they also quote you your own license # and company you work for!  All gleaned from state public records!  Turns out their info is not very updated, they had me with my previous company!   Even lied to me about what time zone they are in!

RUN!!!  from these crooks!

• Yes,

They did get me to send the 400.00 and after going to the residence and actually doing a BPO realized when I pulled the tax records was occupied and current.

I called the credit card company stoppied pmt and actually called them and they did refund the $400.00

I agree they are scamming agents.

Please be careful.

Thanks for the information.

Patti D

• I JUST RECEIVED A CALL FROM THEM.

• This is a scam !!!     

This reply was deleted.