REO Agent

Can anyone tell me their story on how they obtained their first REO assignment.. I have been a full-time

BPO agent for the past 4 years and never ever acquired a REO listing in all of the thousand of BPO

work.. I did. I really worked night and day over a thousands of BPO's in three counties in the state of California.. I now have been so depressed in my business and feel as if I wasted four years of my

Real Estate career.. I am so behind in finances now with my life and wanted nothing more than to

experience the REO listing side of the business.. I wish I had names of asset managers to contact directly.. or had the insight as to how other agents became a REO agent in their careers?

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dorothy,  there's nothing to figure out. Just do a search on any company that approaches you for listings or BPOs. I stopped doing BPOs for brokerpriceopinion.com over 4 years ago for nonpayment and they are still duping agents.   The $400 upfront schemes continually show up under different names. Most are out of Colorado. 

• I have been with LPS (Black Knight) for some time. NO REO's, but they pay, on time.  Orders have been way down.

• I've never heard of them. Do they pay decently? I reject the $10 or $20 BPO's. 

• I know so many companies ask you to do free BPO and promise you to give you listing once available but it never happen I am also trying to get REO Listing last two years and spend lot of money on it. Its not like that i do not have regular sale listing but i wanted to learn something different. But we totally can not depend on BPO you can change your way any time try to start with buyer and give them good service believe me you will get so many referrals. My 100 % business through referrals  and i am in real estate less than 2 years and i am closing 1 deal every month and i have 4 active listing,     

• You Go Girl!

• If you think your depressed now,,,wait until you start listing REO's...I would much rather be on the selling side of an REO,,,at least then you get a full commission. You list REO's,,you do a ton of work and get paid less. Do what CeCe said and go after retail,,FSBO's are much easier to get and you'll get paid much more $$$...keep your chin up. It gets better.

• Just completed the REOMac conference in Dallas this year. The convention was one tenth of the size from it's hey day in 2008.  The speakers encouraged us to "expand" our business including property management, BPOs, Short Sales (ugh!), and finally, Retail sales. They encouraged us to look back to our clients that were formerly underwater.  Many of these sellers leased their homes at a loss to preserve their credit and now that prices have increased they no longer want to be landlords.  It was suggested that we find the expired in the MLS and start marketing.

• Hello Laura,

Thanks for your information. I am moving forward now.. looking at new ways to market myself.

I hope my business moves forward soon.

• I would not even bother at this point.  I have been doing BPO'S since 2008, and Short Sales since 2007, here in Florida.

I chased the REO possibilities for several years, spent tens of thousands of dollars going to conventions, Five Star, etc....

Took all the Certifications Courses, even one from an Asset Manager.  In all that time I got 2, one was a successful close, the 2nd I ended up refusing, mainly because the Asset Company wanted a 35% referral fee on a $50,000 Sale that the commission would be 2%, and then all the work involved was not worth it, plus they wanted me to front money for utilities.

After that experience, I said, let the guys that are REO Agents in my area, THEY can put up with the Bull, and low commissions.  After all they have other venues of making money on the property preservation/repair side of the transactions.

Right now, in Today's market, you are better off chasing LISTINGS in fair market values.  Lower your commission and look to volume.

• Hello Coleen,

Thank you. for your information. I am moving forward and looking at new ways to market myself. I hope it

doesn't take to long to get my business going and see myself closing escrows soon.

This reply was deleted.