Why would I want to list properties for Nationstar? They just listed a property in my local MLS, and are offering 1% to selling agent, list agent gets a whopping 1.75%, meanwhile they get 3% referral and get this, they charge a 5% premium of the purchase price to the winning buyer.  Offering 1% to local realtors is not going over well, many pissed off realtors. Not only that, it despite what the BPO's said (at least mine and the listing agents) they underpriced the asset by at least 20,000. I say why not price it right and offer a commission that won't make agents hate you? 

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Gee Dennis, what a nice guy you are. I take the very best care of my clients. How dare you accuse me of not having their best interest at heart. . My clients always have my website available to them for free and if they found a property they wanted to see, I of course would show it to them.  I don't have to be paid a pittance. You disgust me. What kind of person are you wanting to purposely destroy a fellow agent, when you DON'T even know me. I have very happy clients because I fight for them in every transaction. They do their own search on my site and they have control of what they want to see. But, if I'm looking around on the MLS, I can choose what I think is in their best interest also. Go find someone else to pick on. 

• I am dishearten by this conversation on this site. I joined this site, to find other realtors who were here for help and comaraderie. Not to be torn down and threatened because I made a comment. This person has NO idea what I do for my clients. He has NO idea that I AM a highly ethical and honest person. One thing that pisses me off and the gloves come off, is having someone accuse me of being an unethical or dishonest person. I have been in this business for 12 years and I have lots of happy clients. ALL of whom would attest to how I conduct myself. How dare this person "Dennis" want to see me go down because of a comment I made and he has NO idea who I am and what kind of person I am. I am so thoroughly disgusted and if this is what this community is about. I am out of here. So much for finding a group for support. 

• Dorothy, I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm not picking on you at all. If nothing else simply accept some constructive criticism it might even save you from losing your license.  You stated unequivocally you pass by and refuse to show properties that you don't like solely because of what you would get paid. Explain that to your buyers that you'll find and show them properties but only the ones you feel you're getting enough on.

If you can provide me something that the California Bureau of Real Estate would condone this type of conduct by its licensees I will publicly apologize.

• Like I said, you don't know me and what kind of person I am. It's not all about the money. I have gone to clients to tell them things that I was sure would make them want to pull out of escrows and at the cost of making NOTHING. Because my clients mean more to me than money. 99.9% of the time my clients do their own searches because they know more of what they like than I do. I provide them with a free site to do those searches themselves. If they choose to see a house with a low commission, I show it. I hold my breath until they've made their decision and breathe a sigh of relief when they pass that one by, because no one wants to make peanuts when they work hard. We are all human and we are all struggling to make a living in this day and age.Anyone, including the bureau is free to investigate me. They can talk to Title, Lenders, fellow colleagues and ALL my past clients and they will ALL say I have conducted myself at the highest level of professionalism. I ran my own office at one time and always held my agents to the highest of standards. So, for someone who doesn't even know me who wants to be sure I don't delete anything, so you can get me into trouble so I can lose my livelyhood and supporting my family, I am angry beyond belief. I'm seeing red. For you to judge me from one comment, when I am probably one of the most honest and trustworthy people you would probably ever know, yeah I'm livid. Why do you feel you are so self righteous? Why are you judging people here? This is a forum for fellow realtors to talk and support and help each other. Who made you the realtor police? The ONLY person threatening anyone with losing a license here is YOU. Go back to your Nazi hole. 

• Dorothy,

I am so sorry for your experience here . The comment was uncalled for yet I suspect it was not really well thought out  and not meant to the degree it seemed to convey.

Anytime you get a group of people together there are going to be a few that get a little  over zealous at times. Especially Realtors. It takes a whole lot more to cause anyone on here problems than a few statements or even consistent detailed ones. So please do not worry about your career because of this. We are all allowed to speak freely openly and honestly with out retribution or fear here . This is after all America. It does get heated sometimes but that is to be expected with strong independent individuals with differing opinions like Real Estate Agents. So please stay and know at times some people will disagree and a few will even get a little too pushy at times or say something they wished they hadn't but it is still a place to vent, discuss and yes to learn and share.

Lets be really truthful here. None of us want to work for free or even next to it. No one does. The most successful people in the world would never do a job with out knowing the compensation was reasonable. NAR  never expected Realtors to be exploited by the banks and asset companies. NAR is not aware of the REO agent's plight. The code of ethics is not directed or purposed to make agents work for nothing. That in it self would be not only unethical but unconstitutional. The code addressing the issue of commission is a little more in depth than is being suggested here and before anyone decides to be enforcers or even proponents of the code or rules we all really should make sure we know the true purpose and meaning of them.  The rules and code were not developed nor intended to address REO asset owners exploiting agents with low commissions. They are not violated by refusing to show an REO that pays far too low.

REO owners know  buyers agents can help buyers find homes and make 3 to 3.5 % it is their asset. They know that many agents will not even show and REO no matter what. Buyers are told everyday not to look at REOs. Are all of these agents in violation? Well not according to NAR. You have to have " your clients best interest" is directed more  towards and in conjunction with the buyer agency law of 1996 for Ohio. I believe 12/13 was the date of effect Each State has or may have different effective dates for this I believe. Before the buyers agency became effective buyers were many times mislead and not represented at all. Nothing n the code intended to make agents work for fees not acceptable to them. Our constitution protects our rights. The right to fair compensation is a personal choice that the code can not regulate or dictate. Really wouldn't it be in the buyers best interest to take no commission? We certainly know it would be in our sellers best interest to pay no commission at closing. Would anyone here agree to start working that way? I think not and no they would not be in violation of ANYTHING refusing to do so.

So let's just move on here and not let this chase anyone away.

• Thank you Barbara. I truly appreciate what you just wrote. What Dennis did was uncalled for. His intent was to hang me out to get me into trouble, by stating he copied and pasted my remarks, so I couldn't delete them. Why would anyone do something like that? I looked him up and he's 3,000 miles away from me. We don't know each other. It was my intent to come here and find others who want to have discussion, bounce things off each other and learn and support one another, not police what is said and turn you in. What ticked me off was someone challenging my integrity. ANYONE who knows me knows I do things by the book. I always act in my clients best interest. I do not lie. I'm not capable of it. My friends and associates know this about me. For me to live my entire life always honest and doing the right thing no matter what the cost to me and have a stranger 3000 miles away just pull me out from the crowd and say he's making me the poster child of unethical realtors? Grrr. Sorry, that is when the claws come out. He was out of line. If he moves forward and turns me in, then so be it. I have nothing to hide. Again, I truly appreciate the time you took to write what you did. I will stay. I will just have nothing to do with that *sshole. 

• Now I've been called an asshole, a Nazi , among other things for pointing out a fact. And on top of it several other "Realtors" supporting you. I guess I should not be surprised as I've come across more that my fair share of people who have no business holding a Real Estate license.

I want to point this out once again as it seems I cant get my point across or you're all choosing to ignore it. You choose to "pass by" "refuse to show" REO listings because they don't pay enough? I don't care how you spin it but that is putting YOUR interests above others.

Fiduciary responsibilities - Loyalty is one of the most fundamental fiduciary duties an agent owes to the principal. The duty obligates a real estate broker to act at all times, solely in the best interests of the principal, excluding all other interests, including that of the broker.

I've got no interest in turning you in, you conjured that up on your own not me. Perhaps you'll keep flying under the radar and never have to answer to the Bureau.

•  Dorothy,

No thank you necessary. But I do want you to really know that you can not get into any trouble for what you posted. Anyone could "turn you in " for those comments and your board would do nothing. You said nothing wrong and nothing you mentioned you do is in violation of your State and or local board rules or code of conduct. Again I assure you It is not a violation to refuse to show homes because the commission is too low. So please do not think there is even a possibility of any problems for you from this no matter what or who reads it.

Your experiences and opinions are welcome and thank you for sharing them. No one here is going to cause you any problems based on any opinions or experiences you have or anything you do in your business. Unless you start harming clients or peers and posting confessions here you are safe..... or maybe confessing to a bank robbery may cause a little uproar too... LOL  

• Dorothy,
                  Barbara said so much better than I can. I was appalled by the hostility from a fellow realtor. We should all feel free to share our feelings here. After all, who else understands what we're going through than our fellow realtors?
                  • Thank you Rachel. I was really shocked at his behavior. I appreciate your kind words and will move on from this nasty experience. 

This reply was deleted.