Why would I want to list properties for Nationstar? They just listed a property in my local MLS, and are offering 1% to selling agent, list agent gets a whopping 1.75%, meanwhile they get 3% referral and get this, they charge a 5% premium of the purchase price to the winning buyer.  Offering 1% to local realtors is not going over well, many pissed off realtors. Not only that, it despite what the BPO's said (at least mine and the listing agents) they underpriced the asset by at least 20,000. I say why not price it right and offer a commission that won't make agents hate you? 

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Long Live Nationstar!!!! 

• Don't take the listing, you know what your service is worth,  if enough people refuse to take their listings maybe they will wake up.  Of course, if the property is worth a billion dollars 1% would be OK  LOL

• agreed...but there are always HUNGRY agents out there who will work for less....

• I would think you might LOSE money, not LOOSE it.  But maybe I really don't get the joke.

• It's a really old joke Barbara. (:-)

• For those of you who don't know Nationstar use to do all of their REO work on Equator, which is owned by Altisourse. Nationstar is switching to a site called Cascade the middle of this month.  Is this a coincidence with all that has been and being said about Altisource and Ocwen

• Isn't this a blatant disregard to the code of ethics?  Isn't the best interest of the client the most important thing?  How can it be if they are not reaching the largest pool of buyers?

They Suck

• they suck  is correct..... I'd rather have a job picking up garbage then accept this SHITTY assignment  from Nationstar and whomever they hire to propose such CRAP....

• Yes they tried to LURE me into this RIP_OFF deal  drive 160 mi each way (Hawthorne NV) find locksmith, list property do a free BPO then receive 1% commission if and when it sells---WHAT A TOTAL SCAM RIP OFF---I COUNTERED THEM 3%  1 YEAR EXCLUSIVE TO SELL $200 TRIP FEE UPFRONT--there must be STARVING AGENTS OUT THERE TO ACCEPT THIS SHIT....  watch out for Solutionstar realty services =they seem behind this and getting all the bucks doing nothing but trying to represent the Bank

• I would definitely take that as a marketing opportunity, and if you do not have any business rolling at this point, make that listing stand out to the point where everyone would know who you are. Show all the homeowners in the area that you are an active Real Estate Agent and not a Secret Agent, take ownership in that area (your new territory), distribute flyers out once a week for four weeks, create special flyers with your own post and Rider, promote your website, blast it out on Craigslist, regardless if it is an auction or not.

Help other Agents in the immediate area by holding Open Houses for them, weekends, weekdays; do not leave any potential buyers or potential sellers behind. Many will start to see you as the local agent and not the remote agent who shows up once every two weeks and waits for something to happen.

Have a great day, one that is fun, productive and filled with positive outcomes.

Ed Portillo

This reply was deleted.