Replies

• What do you mean family annihilation?

• Guy killed all 3 kids and wife in the house. Then killed himself later that night away from the house.

• In Oregon and in many states that information does not have to be disclosed and should not effect value.  I know California has a disclosure if the person dies in the home.  check with someone there if you have a disclosure issue like that. 

• I am in Oregon.....and I would say the VERY last question on the property disclosure covers this.  The law may say we don't have to disclose, but I think it would be incredibly stupid not to disclose this.  If I bought the house and found out the Realtors knew, I would be suing everyone in sight.

• We do not have to disclose in AZ. It was pretty big in the news, and any decent agent in the area should know about it.

• If you do not have a disclosure for that you should not do any adjustment on a bpo.  You might want to touch base with the vendor who sent you the bpo to ask.  In my experience doing 40-60 bpos a month.  The client(bank) does not care what has happened in the home they just want the condition of the home.  Now if there was still blood and guts all over, there would be an obvious issue but since it sounds like that has been cleaned up just any repairs needed to the home would be adjustment worthy.  

Also an REO agent most likely would not disclose this issue to prospective buyers agent unless they had permission from the bank to do so.  My guess is that the bank would not allow this. 

Again it a prospective buyer may not care either.

This reply was deleted.