Clear Capital Property Inspection Pays $15

Had two emails from CC this morning. Both for Property Inspections.
They were only paying $15 each.
They made sure to indicate that "no comps" were needed to complete the inspection.
But you still need to drive out to the property and take photos.
In reading the fine print I noticed that if a property is in a Gated Community to try to gain access. If needed, gain access by searching the mls for another listing within the Gated Community to get in. I don't know how it is in other States, but I'm pretty sure that here in California that if you get caught without a valid reason or by the homeowner that you are doing the Property Inspection on that you could very easily be arrested for trespassing on private property. 
But anyways, $15 for a Property Inspection and still have to drive out to the property to take photos. No thank you. I'll pass.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I received two emails from CC today about completing two inspections. Four photos, plus any damage. One for $20 and one 'rush' for $25. I got luckily, a few minutes drive and around the corner from each other.  Gated community? I live in rural northwest Ohio, the only gates are on farmer lanes....

• $15.00! Great! How much is gas? Gain access by using another MLS Listing is trespassing! $15.00 tell them not to contact you again.

• You would be arrested in Florida as well.

• I sometimes work in a very rural area with properties that are often very far apart.  Sometimes I get a BPO request where I have to drive "miles" and in some very rural areas to complete them.  Now, I will refuse unless the fee is high enough.  It is not worth the gas and wear and tear.  If they aren't willing to work with me, I decline completely. I usually can negotiate a price.....but sometimes I just wont do it.  Sometimes I think they just don't understand the area and terrain in some areas...and you have to explain it to them.

• I'm in a similar situation. There can be an order just around the corner or 80 miles away. Sometimes I will have these BPO companies calling me because they can't get any of the other local agents who will take the long distance orders. This is why I've gotten to where I like taking the Valuation Vision desktop orders. They only pay $15, but I don't have to drive anywhere and only take an hour to do. The only complaints I have with them is that they take 60 to 90 days to pay and sometimes they make desktop orders available that you might accept, but end up canceling one or two of them on you before you even get to start on the order. 

• Clear Capital BPOs' they have serious declined in volume. From 10/12 a month to 1 average. Anyone else noticing the same?

• I will not take any exterior below $40.00 : Our time is precious. Think about it. CC is insulting our group.

• 40.00???  I wont do any exterior below 55 anymore.  My interiors are at 80

• I usually don't take those Clear Capital property inspections for $15 unless they are really close by. Other companies pay $25-$40 for me for the same type of drive-by inspection without a value.

• which companies do you recommend?

This reply was deleted.