Clear Capital Property Inspection Pays $15

Had two emails from CC this morning. Both for Property Inspections.
They were only paying $15 each.
They made sure to indicate that "no comps" were needed to complete the inspection.
But you still need to drive out to the property and take photos.
In reading the fine print I noticed that if a property is in a Gated Community to try to gain access. If needed, gain access by searching the mls for another listing within the Gated Community to get in. I don't know how it is in other States, but I'm pretty sure that here in California that if you get caught without a valid reason or by the homeowner that you are doing the Property Inspection on that you could very easily be arrested for trespassing on private property. 
But anyways, $15 for a Property Inspection and still have to drive out to the property to take photos. No thank you. I'll pass.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Depends on driving distance. If it's within 2 miles I would take it. Sometimes if it's in a gated community I can follow someone in but that's rare. Some companies will allow you to contact homeowner to gain access past the gate. You can ask them.

• Lynn, are you ever successful with negotiation of a fee with Clear Capital?

• Anytime I get an inspection request I try to renegotiate to a minimum of $20 if only photos and a short form with no value. Or, I charge a few extra dollars ($25) for a stated value without comps because if still involves a few minutes of research. The $15 wouldn't be bad if they give multiple properties with a good/easy driving route, and again, no value required.

• I only take those if I'm already going in that direction and they don't want a value on top of a property description. Some of these companies call it an inspection but want a value so you still have to do research!  I don't remember if CC does that. 

•  I always pass on those.

This reply was deleted.