Replies

• The bank will want 'broom clean,' and this can be a problem if there is a lot of trash. I had one with tons of chemicals in the garage used in a flooring business, and I was actually relieved that they didn't accept the CFK offer, as I just had a feeling that they may not have totally gotten rid of all those chemicals and that I wouldn't have been able to give them the check at the final walkthrough.

• Typically I go early in the AM, I find my best results between 7am to 8AM

• I send them a certified letter explaining why I would like to meet with them and possibly help them move on from the house.  You never know how a homeowner who has had trouble with a bank will react when you show up on their doorstep asking to talk with them about their house.   It is my experience the letter option lets them have a chance to look at the situation to see if they can see it as an advantage to them.  Also, the mailman will know if they don't live in the residence any longer and save me trips.

The exception would be if the bank has already discussed cash for keys with the homeowner and wants me to meet with them to close the deal. 

• They rarely answer the door even when home. That is why I take a door hanger with me asking for a return call and the good news I have for them.

• thanks.  I just went in person and no one answer the door and called and left a voice message but no respone

• You will get better results in person. Occupants typically are difficult to reach by phone, as they've most likely been receiving unpleasant debt collection calls. You also need to ensure that ALL the occupants over age 18 understand and sign agreement, otherwise you'll show up on vacate date and find you've wasted your (and your clients) time.

• thanks.  I just went in person and no one answer the door and called and left a voice message but no respone

This reply was deleted.