I was contacted by Altisource/Ocwen some time ago as they needed more REO brokers for an increase in listings (I see they are now getting the properties I used to get from power REO) however the only requests I get are for bpos for $40.00 minus $1 for using the website! I did 1 but found it took far too long as they want previous history on ALL comps. Obviously some brokers are doing these. Just wondering how long it takes to do a report as it seems a lot of work for the fee to me. Also no listings todate.  Valuation vision lite orders are also too time consuming for the fee, and main street property inspections for $20 are not worth doing either as they are more involved than just uploading photos and making comments on condition etc. LPS are also adding extra requirements for uploading mls sheets which is time consuming but no increase in fee. Thoughts?                                                                                                                                          

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• if you give your broker 20% you are crazy....

• I agree you do have to be  crazy.

• I don't see how a BPO for $40 is worth any agents time.  I always request a fee negotiation and sometimes get it.  If they decline my fee I just move on.  My very minimum fee is $90. 

Maggie Arnold

• Neil, I am in complete agreement.  The time it takes to do these 'appraisals' for $40 - $1.00 = $39.00 is nuts. Previously, I did a ton of work for Ocwen so the BPO fee was meaningless.  Now, they have gone to this crazy system where one broker for the entire state lists and sells all properties.  I've shown those properties recently, filled with excessive personal property, smelling beyond description due to dead animals in the crawl spaces, and completely unsecured!  If agents would start saying no to low paying jobs we would all be better off. Unfortunately, there is always somebody willing to give away the farm. 

• Hey,

We are a team of people having experience in manually accepting new BPO orders for most of BPO companies. We are very prompt in accepting orders when they are posted and can accept orders on your behalf for companies like RRReview, Atisource (Ocwen), Clear capital, OLD Republic, Equi-trax, SAM, Proteck, Corelogic, Emortgagelogic, BPO Fulfillment (Mainstreet Val.), Inside Valuations, GoodmanDean, Woodfinn etc.. and other companies.

We have one year experience and very high success rate in accepting new orders. There is no automated software used, We constantly monitor your email for new order and immediately accept new order when it is available, we do it manually and it is legitimate. We can provide you free service for a day or two if you are interested and accept some orders for you.

You would pay for accepted orders only, no additional costs. If order is canceled later you don't need to pay for it.

You can leave all your worries on us for accepting orders, please shoot me an email bpoorderaccept@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you.

Frank Stallworth
    BPO Order Accept
    bpoorderaccept@gmail.com

• The old Mainstreet (forget the new name) and Proteck both have a book to fill out. Not sure it justify having that many photos to upload, mls, and county records. I think their inspection rpt pays $10 (not a typo ten bucks) and they ask question what the estimated value will be....

Apparently there are enough agents hungry and orders will disappear quickly.

• These hungry agents are losing money, and hurting our industry.  It's been said 100X,  just say no to Mainstreet and all other BPO companies that offer similar fees.  If they can't do us a favor, leave the business. There are a lot of fast food businesses that pay more hourly. 

• BPOs are for the birds these days. Chase for example are not fun , the perimeters are ridiculous in this growing market. Old RePublic wants to pay $30 bucks. I spend my time making calls, digging up prospects ect made $27,000 spending my time on that activity the last 45 days putting together deals. I never made $27k doing BPOs in a month and a half. Gotta roll with the times and adjust. Go thru that old prospect, open house list and make the calls. Blog to pick up leads as well....BPOs, no way!
  • I stopped doing BPO's when I saw fees going down and asking for more than 1 page. So I say 2 page max, minimum fee $100 3 days to complete.  Forget this 24 hr rush, 3 pages, $35 , that's total craziness. 10-4

• ALTISOURCE/OCWEN????? RUN FOREST, RUN!!! I discount ALL of my valuations by 20% whenever these guys are involved. Banks will figure this out once they realize they are getting what they pay for. VA fired 'em, what does that tell ya?

k

This reply was deleted.