BPO contact

Hello,

I have a new situation, I have been completing BPO's now for a few months and just recently while setting an inspection for an interior I was contacted by the owner attorney. the interior met me at the property and gave me a toured inspection. after she had another broker send me a list of comps she wanted me to use. I completed the BPO using my own chosen comps and with the information I was able to obtain submitted the report and it was excepted. now the attorney is again contacting me claiming the report is erroneous because I had not used the provided comps. has anyone come across a situation like this in the past?

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• When I first started doing BPOs, I was stupid to contact the listing agent. I got my common sense back and tried to cancel the appointment. He replied that it was no big deal and he was just trying to help me do it accurately. I politely refused. He then started harassing me with emails, phone calls and texts. In some of them, he sounded hostile. I was so upset, mostly with myself, and afraid that I asked my husband to go to the property with me. I finished the BPO but never will I make the same mistake again.
  • Gabriel;   I have considerable experience doing some BPOs and I never have had a situation like this.    With the additional "chit-chat"  from the owner it hardly seems worth the fee.     I think I know however that appraisers get this all the time.    They are (or at least, were in the past)  often harassed by agents and others about the value, if it is too low as compared to a sale price or mortgage amount.   In your situation, I wonder if the owner wanted the value to be higher or lower.    At any rate, I don't think you should be concerned or have any obligation to take any calls from the owner.    That is why it is called a Broker's Price OPINION.

• No I haven't. But you did the right thing. You provided the comps (and the BPO report) to the best of your ability. The attorney should be knowledgeable enough to know that you must provide your own comps. Personally, I would not respond to the attorney at this point.

This reply was deleted.