Greetings Everyone!

I was contacted by Banker REO to sign up for BPO and REO Assignments, for a $345 annual membership fee.  I didn't find any posts for this company, so I thought we better get this one out there!  I did a WHOIS search for this company's website and it shows that it was created on June 14, 2011, and they are based out of Illinois ... the same state as the infamous Absolute REO!  There website address is: www.bankerreo.com  Does anyone have any experiences that they would like to share with this one?

Thank you!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I, too, got "the call." James No Last Name called me. Those guys ought to get their act together. Had an asset in my zip code just waiting for me, blah, blah. Yes, it was a guaranteed listing, not a BPO, blah, blah. Give me your credit card number over the phone. Well wait, said I, there's a whole area on your web site for an agent to provide information, choose zip codes, etc. Why wouldn't I just follow that procedure? Well, it's just going to get us to the same place, but slower. Really!?! Suddenly someone else, with no name at all, gets on the phone. No, it's not a listing, it's a BPO. And we pay you well for those BPO's. I could go on.

While that conversation was enough for me even though I did not experience Absolute, thought I'd visit REO Pro to see what all my colleagues here have to say. You all clinched it for me. I'll stick with the companies I don't have to pay to get work from, thank you.

• You are all too smart and well trained to fall for this!

Just ask lots of questions when they contact you. Briefly put, if they want my money first, then they do not deserve to have an experienced and well trained ethical broker like me!

• Ok - so has anyone heard of Program HR3648 for short sales? You pay $97 a month for 150 leads for short sales and training - once you have the property under contract - they have admin people that will get it through - then either the buyer or you pay a 1% fee - of which you get 25% back. Once you establish a track record with this company, you no longer have to pay the $97 a month....
  • I have also just been contacted today with this company telling me that they has an asset in my area and they normally charge a referral fee but will not charge me since I am "an experienced REO agent". He also told me that I would get paid to $75 for an exterior BPO and $100 for an interior but they could not guarantee me the listing nor could they promise any other assignments to me. I am a little leary of paying this much just to get $75 back....
    • Tell you what Vicky. If after you read all the post that have been written on this company and Absolute REo, and still would like to join. Then by all means go ahead and join. Good luck
      • I'm not joining anything!! I was also taken in by Absolute 2 years ago - just wanted to post about the other "money making" schemes out there
    • Don't do it!!!
  • I fell for the scam.  I was very busy at the time and didn't have time to think.  I wish I would have taken a minute and checked them out here.  I emailed the company and told them that they promised me a listing.  They emailed back and said I have had an assignment since 2 days ago.  I logged on and looked to see what it was.  Doing research on the property it was bogus.  The house is not in our foreclosure log.  If it is a bank property they are probably just refinancing.  They required a BPO in 3 days.  By the time I found out about it, 2 days were already past.  There was no offer for a fee if I did the BPO. 

I just called the company back and asked some questions.  I got Jordan and he had no answers to them like why I did not get an email notification regarding the assignment etc.  I asked him who the asset manager was.  He did not question me as to the property address, asset number, etc.  This was strange.  I told him that I was getting a bad feeling about the company and would like a refund.  He said he would give me one but there was a $100.00 fee.  I said do it and am waiting to see if I get the refund.  I think I am going to report them to the Federal Government.  They only had one listing on the website by the way and it was in California.

• I too, received a call today, in Hawaii and am very thankful for this community; Different area code 224 (ILL). I told them I don't give credit card info over the phone and could he email information to me.

Received Master Listing agreement and MY regional asset managers contact info. Wow! they are good, any new agent could be easily taken, so sad.

• Based on what I have heard, it is a scam. Just another pretend company promising agents listings. Do not sign with this company. Dispute the charge if  you have paid. If a company wants your expertise, they will assign the listing first or require the payment AFTER the first listing is sold. Thieves are not entering the real estate market to get money from those they think are easy prey.

File your complaint with the state attorney general.

This reply was deleted.