Greetings Everyone!

I was contacted by Banker REO to sign up for BPO and REO Assignments, for a $345 annual membership fee.  I didn't find any posts for this company, so I thought we better get this one out there!  I did a WHOIS search for this company's website and it shows that it was created on June 14, 2011, and they are based out of Illinois ... the same state as the infamous Absolute REO!  There website address is: www.bankerreo.com  Does anyone have any experiences that they would like to share with this one?

Thank you!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I was called by them as well that they have an REO listing for me- they actually gave me an address and had me do a bpo- it was jsut last week so i have no idea if it is for real
    • Did you pay them anything upfront? 
      • yes but only after receiving a bpo form and checking that the house was really in foreclosure- I'll see what happens
  • We all must be very careful with this so called AM companies. I also got call from this company. She told me that she has a bank owned property on my service area. I told her I would take the assingment. She was happy already so she asked me "how would you like to take care for the platform membership" I told her by card and  as soon as I received the assigment. She told me that I have to pay first because I have to accept the assigment on the platform.  I told her you could send me the assigment to my e-mail and once I receive it I'll pay for the platform. She started getting upset.  I heard of what  this company was doing so  I was just testing them. Before I spoke to her, she left me a message saying she has an assigment and of course she called me the next day. I don't think AMs leave you message to give you assigments, unless you have worked with them already. If you don't respond, they'll go for the next agent. Thanks to all of you who post on here
  • Just got off the phone with one of the fastest talkers I've ever heard. He could have been a auctioneer.
    He had a BPO for me - based on a muffled referral - that was at my zip code! It's too bad that some REALTORS actually fall for this stuff - which is why these companies think the rest of us will too. And it's just $349 forever. (He didn't explain why I would have a different point-of-contact after 36 months.) And I seriously doubted the "forever" part. If they are charging upfront, it's likely they will charge you elsewhere...and possibly without your explicit authorization.

• I just received the lucky call.  He had heard of us and was in need of a team to handle several assignments in our area.  He asked how would I be paying for the platform today.  I told him I would check them out and if interested I would call him back today.  In 5 minutes I had pages of negative comments.  I think I will pass on this Golden Opportunity!
  • I'm doing a BPO for them currently through Equator. I have never dealt with them before and would not pay to be a vendor for any company promising me a listing. Give the listing and I'll give you service. So far so good.
    • I could be wrong, but I would give you odds that you are doing a BPO for Bankers Asset Management, not this group of clowns.
  • Why can't the Attorney General in their State do something about this false advertising scam?
    • That seems like a good idea Carolyn!

They called me for the second time today.

I mentioned I didn't think it was a good idea to pay because there were scammers that had a company with a similar name.  Guy said he was gonna write a bad blog about me before he hung up.....isn't that a threat?

Would not doubt a new company will come along with the same 'gang' of thieves.  There must be something that can be done. 

This reply was deleted.