Greetings Everyone!

I was contacted by Banker REO to sign up for BPO and REO Assignments, for a $345 annual membership fee.  I didn't find any posts for this company, so I thought we better get this one out there!  I did a WHOIS search for this company's website and it shows that it was created on June 14, 2011, and they are based out of Illinois ... the same state as the infamous Absolute REO!  There website address is: www.bankerreo.com  Does anyone have any experiences that they would like to share with this one?

Thank you!

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I was also contacted by them.  Paying a fee for a bpo is not a good idea.
  • I just got a call from them a few hours ago and the conversation went the same as outlined in each of your post.
  • NOW THAT THE IDEA,  WE SHOULD ALL CALL ARE MLS BOARDS AND HAVE THEM WARN AGENTS OF THEM.

I WOULD HOPE THAT AN AGENT IN IL. WILL CALL THE STATE AGENCY AND FIND OUT HOW THESE GUYS CAN BE PUT IN JAIL.  (I WOULD HANG THEM IN PUBLIC SQUARE BY HIS BALLS)   OR AT LEAST MONITOR THEM. 

• Thank you for the posts!  I just got the phone call and when they asked me what credit card I would be using, it was my red flag!  I am reminded by your posts that my best clients have not asked me for any upfront fees!
  • OK guys you are right they are a scam I got the BPO and the 75.00 dollars paid but no listing. I did not do my homework one more time. Any way we can stop those people from scamming us. now I am 550 dollars out of my pocket with no listing. What is the solution. any other victims??Any ideas?
    • Since they are crooks, we cannot really stop them. Just maintain a policy of NOT giving any money to any company which offers us work.

That is what I do. I figure the good companies will recognize that I am a good broker and will hire me.

• I offer no excuse.  I was busy, it sounded risked, then rolled the dice.    Question: can I stop payment?  will the 72 hour buyers remorse rule work to get my money back?  Troy

• If you gave a credit card YES you can.
          • do i call the card company or the reo co.   I guess the answer is both. 
    • Well all I have to say to you is something similar to what I told another member on this forum. While it is not good that you fell for this scam you should have known better. I see you have been a member going back to around 2009. Surely you should have read similar post about scams and different companies doing this to various agents. So, just remember how eager you were to sign up and give away your hard earned money for a promise of work and take that same eagerness and call your credit card company and put a stop to this. Also do the recommended actions and file a complaint with the FTC in Illinois, and the Illinois Secretary of State. If you do not take these actions then you truly will be a victim.

This reply was deleted.