Background Check ... Curious

I work with around 100 companies as an Independent Contractor of this only 2 BPO firms have required a Background Check. 

For the agents online here I'm curious to see how many of your BPO companies require a Background check.   Do not list the Company in your reply, just the number of companies requiring a Background Check.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• As of the first of the year one of my main BPO providers is now requiring its vendors to have the "background check". I did one 2 years ago for another company that, at the time, I did many BPO orders for in order to continue receiving work from. In the past year I had other companies also requiring the background check, but since I did not get much BPO work from these companies I did not do their required background check through companies that they were promoting. I essentially just dropped these companies from my list of "to do work for".

As the economy somewhat improved and the BPO pools were drying up, I saw more and more of the BPO mills requiring background checks. My suspicion was that the BPO mills were now looking for new ways to generate cash as they were not making bank in BPOs like they use to. 

I would like to know what Federal law requires us to submit to background checks to BPO mills in order to get work. What is so "top secret" in the information that we are dealing with that requires a background check for a BPO? I get an address and a debtors name. I don't get information if the property is in foreclosure, pre-forclosure, a refi, debtors SS#, debtors financials, email addresses, phone numbers or anything else. I handle way more Seller/Buyer sensitive information when selling a property.

I'm in California where the the real estate industry and just about every industry is heavily regulated by State government. You can't sneeze without the BRE finding out about it. Every 4 years when it comes time to re-license ourselves we are required to disclose anything to the BRE that would not make us meet their high standards. And they do check.     

• I have a Bigger Question..... Some companies Outsource their work to other countries for QC. Are those employees subject to background checks??

• They are all asking for Background checks now, it is apparently a new law.......I have about 7 companies. However , they will accept a check from another company and some are now doing it for free.....

• From what I understand, a Credit Inquiry is part of the Background check to evaluate the worthiness of the applicant.  I always thought that this was a 'Soft Bump' meaning yes they would do a credit check, but NO inquiry ding on your credit report.  Much the same way your credit card companies check your credit use with other companies monthly.  In jargon this is known as 'Soft Bump'

This reply was deleted.