Anyone Heard of WWW.AMS4REO.ORG?

I was curious to see if anyone here in the group had experience with Asset Management Servicing, LLC, which operates www.ams4reo.com? I received an email from them today to register for BPO & REO assignments, which includes a $200 fee. Their website is pretty basic and vague, so I couldn't see a way to search current properties listed or even if they operate in my part of the country.Any input that you could provide would be appreciated!AJ Heidmann, ABR, CRS, e-PROCell 703-474-1260 ~ Office 703-518-8300 ~ Fax 703-518-8314AHeidmann@CBMove.comColdwell Banker Residential Brokerage310 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314Licensed in Virginia

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are definately some questionable characters out there in cyberspace who are only too eager to take your money. There is also another scam I have run across occasionally and it has to do with identity theft. New start ups send an e-mail leading you to an area that asks for all your personal info including tax id & date of birth as well as some licensing info to make it look good. DON'T FOLLOW THESE TYPE LINKS!! Copy the company info and try to google them and if you find a home page, look at it very carefully. Are there Static links or broken? A certain tip off. I can't stress how careful you need to be regarding this. Most REO agents already have an in, or at least know how to go out and find legitimate companies. Legitimate asset managers and such already have so many signed up they don't go out and actively recruit in this manner. Be careful out there.
    • Maybe Leann should reply to this. She says she works for AMS if you have followed this thread.
      • The site is still "under construction." I am so skeptical of these types of registrations and I sent in the money in the very beginning. I'm going to give it two weeks and then dispute.
  • I received this Thursday 4/30/09-

As a valued AMS business partner we would like to inform you that If you need any information about the status of your account, modifying your personal information or about REO property listings you can contact :

Craig Berardi
    19500 Jamboree Road
    Irvine, CA 92612
    Tel: 949-475-4984

We are looking forward working with you.

Best Regards,

Asset Management Servicing

-So I called the number and It's not a working number. How about if somebody that lives near there takes a drive by the office. Any Volunteers?
    • I got this same email yesterday. The message says "not available, record your message." It is a working number. It just goes to voicemail.
      • I got the same email and called the number. I did leave a message.. no response yet . I will keep u posted
        • I emailed Tom tonight and the email came back with error.I responded to a email he sent me.Humm.Am I the only one that has has this happen?I emailed Diana and is waiting for a response.
  • Okay you guys, I decided to bite the bullet and pay the $200. I forgot to upload my resume and went back to do so. To my surprise the site is down...under construction. Thats not a good feeling after spending the money and the site is unavailable. I hope I didnt make a HUGE mistake. I will keep you posted.
    • Did you ever find their site? I just yesterday(6/27) tried to find it with no luck.Would like to know if I wasted $200 bucks.
  • Re: Arlene unable to sign up due to the company not accepting anymore applications- I had received that same response and I filed it as suchand forgot about it. After reading the forum I went back to the site and read the bio's of management, VERY impressive.
    I will be monitoring the forum in hopes of the company accepting new applications again. I appreciate any updates on new agent applications being accepted. Also- LOVE the forum! It's wonderful to hear the advise and opinions on this site.
This reply was deleted.