5 Star Conference - Dallas 2012

Hello All,

Like most Realtors, I have been trying to get into the REO sector for about 4 yrs completing bpos and working side by side with REO agents in our office gaining the experience.   As of now, I'm still unable to break thru the barrier. I have decided to attend the 5 Star Conference in Dallas 2012 this year for the first time and really have no idea what to expect.  I can't afford to go unprepared and not going just to see what it's all about...I need to go into it with some idea of what to expect and be prepared to aggressively make good contacts.  I know there will be others with a lot more experience and have the advantage, so if there is any one out there that can give me a few pointers on what to look for or what I need to take with me to be prepared, any tidbits would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Casey...I just noticed that the acknowledgement didn't go when you made this response.  Thanks for the information.   I think the fact that I am soooo tired of doing BPOs without a single listing that my aggression factor has gone up.  If I can keep that without looking desperate....that's what I need to accomplish.   I feel like I have done my time in the trenches so I am looking forward to the conference.

• Casey...I just noticed that the acknowledgement didn't go when you made this response.  Thanks for the information.   I think the fact that I am soooo tired of doing BPOs without a single listing that my aggression factor has gone up.  If I can keep that without looking desperate....that's what I need to accomplish.   I feel like I have done my time in the trenches so I am looking forward to the conference.

• No wonder my business is so slow....Carey is taking all my leads from my Linkedin....hahahaha! But he's right you must be prepare to receive and take in this type of industry...door knocking is the name of the game along with social media, networking, and PITA with emails or cold calls....It is the same as if you are farming an area in your neighborhoods.    You may not get the business from them right away, but is about creating relationships and maintaining them.  Conferences is definitely one of the ways suggested here that you will meet with important people, you must be proactive and nosy...and why not brown noser...don't get discouraged by no one, if I were you keep these tips in the front of you and dig deeply everyday.  I have many leads from this forum and others that I pay for.

Keep up with the good networking job!

• Thanks Byron as well... I really appreciate the feedback and will take a copy of this with me... that way I can be prepared  when I go before the firing squad. :-)

• I hate to discourage anyone, and after all there might be opportunities in your market. As Trong and Juan had said, go there with an open mind, a bunch of business cards, and be ready to make friends and connections. Talk to as many people as you can and never ask anyone if they are asset managers. 

If you want to go to classes go to the earlier ones, you will spend better time at the bars and at the exhibitors.

Best of luck.

• Thanks Jose...I think my biggest challenge is showing confidence and not desperation.  Socializing I can do ...and I like the tip of not asking them if they are asset managers...will definitely keep that in mind.

• Hi Ray,  I would say to take good notes but most importantly talk to as many people as you can and make as many friends as you can.  Then follow up and keep the relationship going, chances are you will know a few people that will introduce you to others who then could introduce you to the decision maker.  You will meet a lot of good people who wouldn't mind giving tips and helping along the way.  Oh ya, and buy lots of drinks :)

• Trong, if you would have said play a lot of golf, I'd be in trouble....but drinks I can do.  I would assume the drinks are for others and not me. :-)   Moderation would be the key.  Do others take resumes or distribute info packets to AM at this time or is it just best to hand out business cards?   Thanks again.

• Other agents do take resumes and info packets that they hand out, but I've heard that most AMs toss them before packing to head home. Take business cards, attend as many of the social gatherings as possible, and most importantly, don't hound the Asset Managers. I've heard that business cards get tossed too, so if you can, try to get the AM's info. Obtaining their info is difficult, but if you connect with one or two, that is possible.

• Thanks Juan for the advice.  I figured that taking packets would be cumbersome to any contacts I make and would get trashed as well.  Social events I can do. :-)

This reply was deleted.