We list properties for HUD, VA, Fannie and Freddie.  It would seem like a good move to a 100% virtual company, especially since I am a broker and 30 years experience.  Realtor.com, Top Producer and other great software programs currently are great to have in-place.   

Expenses are reasonable, as is training and the referral programs.

I would love to hear from some of you on the topic.  

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am in  Minnesota. My company United Real Estate Twin Cities is 100% commission business model. We charge monthly fee $65 + transaction fee-100/0 splits from day 1 (no quotas or caps to meet)

Free professional live training and archive library

Free technology support

Free personal branded SEO website w/IDX and support (this is a real website not just a page off the company site)

Free transaction paperless pipeline

Free CRM (client relationship management)

Facility features cafe' style lounge and coffee bar

Also has In-house marketing firm of 20+ professionals and Annual training and awards convention.

With an 85+ year history in the lifestyle real estate industry, United offers  industry-leading services and a vast network of over 6,000 affiliated agents around the U.S. Please check to see if you have United Real Estate offices in your location.

• My managing broker charges me $175 per sales transaction. She does not touch my Bpo checks at all. 100% is 100% with her.
    • I have a brokerage firm and I only allow agents that work hard to get on 100% because I cannot be a debt collector if the fees are not paid when due. Our business in the East Coast is getting too competitive. Brokers offer 100% with $48.00 a month. I cannot do this. However, I will do good splits 80/20 or even 90/10. The bigger percentage go to the agent. I belief we work hard and deserve our money. However, the brokers bare heavy responsibilities and must be compensated. On BPO's we do not touch agents money.

• Nice 35 dollars per month but what is transaction fee for bpo s or sale side or listing side closing?  some are as low as 150 and as high as 500 per closing side. 

• Thanks Seth,

Nice to hear from you and your thoughts!

• I am with a 100% firm.  I pay $35/mo.  Since I do REOs and BPOs keeping my commission is the only thing that I need.  I started this site called www.reoeducation.com in order to teach others how to acquire REOs and become a preferred vendor with multiple companies along with providing the companies as well.  Generally, if you don't really need a lot of support, then why pay for it?  But, if you need leads and training, then maybe signing up for a company that would charge you a little more in order to give you the support that you need is the best route to take.

• I work for a 100% firm. The monthly fee is a bit high (or would be, had I not had an existing relationship with my broker) and we charge $349 per side at closing which can be a bit hard to chase from a first time buyer with minimal resources (I eat this fee regularly as first time buyers can't pay it and REO listing companies WON'T pay it).

At the end of the day, I think what I get out of the agency is sufficient for what they get out of me on a monthly basis.

If I were to open my own brokerage, I'd ONLY bring on 100% agents early on (likely before signing a lease somewhere) as an effort to earn a monthly stipend to afford to open up a shop without taking directly from my savings... but that's just my $0.02.

This reply was deleted.