I am sure there are several reasons why many of us don't pick up the phone every single time. I know many of the folks who are regulars in these forums would say that there are no excuses, etc., but here I will give you a few reason not excuses, but actual reasons why we don't pick up the phone every single time, the reasons that I would mention here are based on my experience.

1. I hear from many AM and bank executives that they don't answer the phone nor return phone calls, if anyone wants to reach them, they can do it by email.

2. All my listings have several picture and virtual tours on MLS and other websites. But I get phone calls from agents who want me to email them pictures to send to their buyers before they show the house.

3. Agent calls my office to ask me if he/she would be wasting his/her time submitting an offer for $75,000 on a $280,000 listing.

4. An agent calls my office and wants me to call my client and get a verbal acceptance for $14,000 on a $35,000 listing. Again he doesn't want to waste time writing an offer.

5. An agent calls me to see if the seller is flexible on the price or if I can go lower on the price.

6. An agent calls to know what are the conditions of the property before taking the buyers in, and they also want to know if the neighborhood is safe.

7. A neighbor call to see if  someone will be moving into the house, because they don't like to live near an empty house.

8. For multiple offers agents always call to ask how many offers and if other offers are higher or better than theirs, and sometimes begging me to accept their offers because their clients are the best clients in the world and they really need to buy this house.

9.  A potential tenant calls me asking me if the house with the "For Sale" sign is for rent, or to find out how much is the rent.

10.A lead generation company who wants me to pay them $5,000 up front to get 12 fair market seller leads in one year, and then 20% of the commission at settlement. 

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm with you, Royan. I am a REO listing agent and I answer my phone every time possible. That one call could be the buyer who has the best offer for our client, the banks. It is our job to answer the phone, and if we can't get to it, return the call as soon as possible. It is our duty to service our REO sellers, and that means aswering the phone and returning calls.

• Yes you should answer your phone and do your best to answer the questions give to you. Sometimes I think it is a test to see if you will answer the wrong way. such as will they take less hmmm in most cases there is room to negotiate but I do not know that answer for sure. Will they take 75k for a property listed at over 200k all offers are presented would you like to present an offer hmmmm Can we present a verbal offer hmmm all offers must be in writing and all offers are presented foreclosures are not for rent can I help you get into this house as a purchase. I am here to help you with all of your Real Estate needs. Just pick up the phone when it rings and be nice courteous and friendly helpful and answer the questions give to you not that hard at all.
  • I'm with you on that, it's not easy, but this is what we all should do. When AM is calling, no phone calls will be missed. It's good that some REO brokers busy at this moment, but when times are slow, we're waiting for those ph calls

• VItaliy, I never miss a call from an AM, the bad thing I think is an AM and is someone selling me a lead generation, website or pens. But when I see an out of state area code, specially from TX, CA or CO I drop everything to pick it up
  • I just got one a few seconds ago, "is your HUD listing still available? do you have any offers on it? would HUD take less than the asking price? O I am sorry I am just reading the remarks and I guess I have to go to HUDHOMESTORE.COM to bid on it, well thanks anyways, bye" All I said was "hello this is Jose Rivas" and "good bye have a good one", it was more like a monologue from this agent.
  • You forgot about the out-of-state investor who will only be in town a couple more hours and wants to see all your listings...... in the next 30 minutes!
This reply was deleted.