Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I received a call from the same company last week. The caller stated I had been highly recommended and they wanted to form a "long term relationship". When I asked who had given them the recommendation? There was a long pause, then the caller stated they "worked with over 800 companies and he couldn't remember. He provided me with a property address in my market area and informed me it was a Bank of America asset (readily available public information). I told him I was in the middle of a project and couldn't stop. He informed me I could get back to him when I had more time! He provided his phone number and extension. This had to be the first asset manager in my 19 years who was willing to accommodate me and put an asset on hold to await my call back. This action alone made me doubt the motives of the company. I would never put off an asset manager, and more importantly they wouldn't allow it. It would have been the kiss of death.

• I received a call from Tom Bird this morning asking if I was interested in listing 2 properties in the Charlotte, NC area. He gave me the addresses and I did some research after we hung up. One is owed by Fannie Mae and the other is in pre-foreclosure. He promised that they would assign at least 3 properties a year & the commission would be 6% to be split with the buyers agent. Very similar to what other are being told. Tom told me that he needed an answer by noon today. Needless to say, he won't be hearing from me!

• I'm surprised they called me again. After the last gal hung up on me immediately when I said I wouldn't work with them because they are a scam. Last week, someone called and left another message. Sheesh.

• Team LIAR , i got the call and 2 email 

SCAM

• It seems they are aggressively looking for suckers.. I received a call last week from David Bryant - I received a call this week from Tom Bird - same story same pitch - I had one of them send me an email to verify their authenticity, I received a good full page email describing their operations, in the email it stated there would be a NOMINAL fee, I called and spoke to Tom, nice guy good pitch, I asked about the NOMINAL fee so he tells me it's $449 and I get the money back when I sell the first REO and I would be using their platform. I told him I would do some homework, think about it and get back to him in a couple days. So first I come to this website - sure enough many on this forum have had similar experiences - I didn't need to look any further - I'm done with them and won't waste my time - I wouldn't be surprised if those callers change their name every other day...  

• And the beat goes on. I too have received a call from LAM this morning for there $449 platform and $49 software. I told the mgr that other companies have free platforms and that you would only paid their premium fee for true reo listing non pre foreclosure runs. 

• What I don't understand is why are these companies are even allowed to exist, without facing criminal charges? I just got a call from them too, but when I read this thread I became alittle bit smarter than them :)

• just received the same phone call from a Don Carlsen I went right to my colleagues to review their discussion on this company.

Thanks everyone

• Thanks you guys just saved me $400 or $449. I just got a bad feeling after they told me I had to pay for utilities directly to them. Normally I turn on utilities and then send the asset management a bill to get reimbursed. 

• So, they keep calling me this morning and I decided I had better pick up or they won't stop. She introduced herself as an asset mgr with Team Lear. I said, "yes I got your message, but I understand your company is a scam, so I won't do business with you." Immediate disconnect. Haha! Guess I will be off their call list now. 

This reply was deleted.