Started by BAYO OSHINNAIYE :

Who knows "Team Lear" as asset management company: I received a call today from an Asset Management Company "Teamlear" from Colorado. The spokes person, Ms. Jordan claim she is the asset Manager, that she wants me to do BPO for her company and that all the BPO's l do will result in REO which l will be listing for them. She furher said that she will be requesting me to deposit $400 for the home maintanace, a one time fee. Then l will pay $54.00 for the software to use for their program. I do not belief her, but has anyone heard about this company or did any business with them? I know am not paying any money to them.

Are they fraud or real? They have a website: www.teamlear.com

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• New asset management companies go to great lengths to promote themselves to lenders by getting promo pieces in newspapers and newsletters like Mortgage Servicing News and National Mortgage News. I haven't seen anything about Team Lear.  

• They also go to and sponsor conferences like 5 Star and NRBA.   None of these companies who request this upfront expense fee has ever done this. 

• hello 

the owner just call me Mr Tom Miller

He said that they are not an Scam 

sorry 

apologies

• He called me too. Can you believe a company that has the time to go through the blogs trying to fix their reviews. There must be something fishy about that. I am sorry but dont trust them. If you want to gamble with a company like teamlear.

They asked me to pay 400 for connection of utilities. Now he said they are a new company and these are pre-foreclosures. Which means there is no utilities to connect since these homes are still occupied and there is no guaranteed they will go into foreclosure. He even threaten to put all of the agents into a lender/ asset manager blog to let them know that we are saying incorrect things about their company. Really??? 

Go ahead. I will admit I am wrong when you proof you are legit. On the mean time I will stand with the REO professionals that dislike companies that try to take advantage of us. There are several and so far you have not a single one REO in your system or business reference.

• Be careful!!!! If Chris Ellen, Krystal or Clerance call you from this company, they call their self asset managers and send a recruit REO agent e-mail as below It was great speaking with you about the distressed properties I have available in your area. Per our previous conversation, here is a little information we discussed about receiving property listings and working with me as your asset manager.

My lenders requested working directly with you as an Broker/Agent to help assist them with listing their REO properties. I work directly with major and minor banks, credit unions, lending institutions and private investors over all 50 states. The lender on this property is looking for 3 things: a BPO to best determine the market value on the property, the current occupancy status which will help determine how soon the property can be listed, and an agent to list and market the property.

If you complete these BPO's within the time requested by the lender and it is priced accurately, you can be assured to receive these as listings when the lender takes back ownership of them. We have a team that reviews the BPO once you submit it online to make sure they are completed accurately, so be assured that we work with you and we aggressively market you as the exclusive agent.

As of now, Team Lear has a property that is in distress that requires preliminary work to be done. A BPO is required to satisfy the lender with the necessary information needed from you to determine the Market Value of the subject property. A solid BPO should be provided within 48-72 hours for assurance of the listing once ownership has shifted hands from the homeowner to the lender. Properties that are provided to you are expected to be your exclusive properties to list, market, and sell for the lenders in your area. Our lenders pay out a 6% commission to you upon closing of these properties, and we don't take any referral fees or commission splits.

Team Lear's proprietary default property management software has been built to improve performance and efficiency while streamlining the foreclosure process. The lenders access the software to view Agents/Brokers submitted BPO assignments and see who services different areas to provide you with property listings, cash for key, and re-key assignments. Our platform will also be used to send you subsequent assignments. The preferred online portal to use for all our lending institutions is a proprietary system at www.teamlear.com. The software is only accessible via Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. If you have any questions or concerns, please be sure to contact me via email or phone.

There is a one time deposit that you would be responsible for of $449.00 which is put towards the property preservation and management on your first listing that helps assist us with the initial costs which you would be reimbursed to you upon listing of the property. We put up the remaining costs on that first listing and all others that you would receive from us. It is not a reoccurring charge. We guarantee that you will receive at least 3 listings with us in the first 12 months, and if for any reason that doesn't happen, you are eligible for a full refund of the $449.

Consequently, I'd also like to take the opportunity to illustrate what you can expect from me as your Asset Manager:

A direct point of contact Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT
    Handle all tasks associated with managing the properties including: cash-for- keys, evictions, trash-outs, re-keys, inspections, repairs, general maintenance work, utility coverage, and emergency maintenance.
    Full access to our online portal at www.teamlear.com
    Access to our Customer Support Team, if I am not currently available
    Tools used to market you (as the agent/broker) back to our lender(s)
    I look forward to partnering with you!
    Ask for references!!! They have nothing to provide....
    Check the assigned property, must of the times that asset is not even in distress.
    Ask, ask and ask and you will see they end up hang up on you, since they don't have a response for all your questions.
  • www.assetval.com

http://www.assetval.com/
    • Thank you. Much appreciated. Have a great day!

• While going through the posts, there was some concerns regarding companies in Colorado; I agree with an earlier post regarding AVM located in Grand Rapids. They are the real deal! My partner and I started doing BPOs for them in the mid 90's when they were located in Corona, CA. We received several assets as a result of our BPOs. While an agent in Ohio, I went to a co-training in Grand Rapids, excellent response and training. Last week I did a BPO in the Los Angeles area for the company. They pay on time and as promised. They do not do broadcasts of BPOs, they are assigned. They are one of the companies I am always willing to do BPOs for.

• Robert, would you mind sharing the company website for AVM? I'm in NorCal, so I would not be competition. Thank you.

• Many of the bpo/reo companies are listed through the top of this websites. Just click through BPO Automation. 

This reply was deleted.