Replies

• Again it is up to each one of us to determine what is worth our time and money. For me I would definitely take a Property inspection report. But then again it would be more worth it for me being that I would more then likely being doing other orders that are along the way. So doing a property inspection would be no big deal. Heck, I even do most of my errands when I am doing my drive-by BPO's. So I guess if you never have BPO orders that might be on the way to your Property Inspection report, then yes it might not be worth it.
      • I think the order from Mainstreet was a Property Inspection. It's just 6 photos and a few basic questions. No comps.
  • I've just submited my profile. How long ago you've had a profile with them before receiving O/C. ?
    • This is a response given by the CFO of Valligen to Housing Wire....You make your decision to work with a company like this:

"HW: Well, let’s talk different options. How are valuations different from broker priced opinions? They’re more prominent on the REO side of the business. Are they cheaper to use for lenders than valuations?

Jeremy: “Usually, BPOs are cheaper. Lenders take advantage of the fact that many real estate agents in this economy are desperate for listings, and implicit in the BPO request is the chance to obtain the listing and receive a sizeable commission. Brokers often end up working for less than minimum wage to complete the BPO, on the odd chance that they will receive the listing. More commonly, certain agents specialize in BPOs, and rush to complete these assignments as quickly as possible, given that they may only be paid $20 or less to complete these assignments.

“Yet real estate agents as a whole have little or no education or training in valuation methodology and have a personal vested interest in their valuation amount, as it can influence how fast they can sell the property if they do get the listing. The lack of standards and liability for errors and omissions within a BPO means that quality tends to be extremely poor and inconsistent.”"
This reply was deleted.