UTLS NOT PAYING BROKERS FOR BPO *BEWARE*

Just wanted to start another discussion about BPO Companies to STAY away from.  UTLS Default has not paid me for almost 10 months.

I keep getting the runaround.  No one ever answers the phone or a voice mail. No one replies to emails or in the rare occassion I get a response it is the same one. Their system was interrupted and checks going on Friday.  Thanks for your patience. 

What do you as Broker's think we should do? Threaten to notifiy all of their clients of their lack of paying? Better Business Bureau?

Would love your input.

Michelle

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks Yanoska! You are a Gem! 

Michelle

• Hi:

Just an update, the company did not respond to my attorney's demand letters so the next step is small claims.  I saw Yanoska Diaz, you saw somewhere that someone was unsuccessful in a small claims action.  Do you know why?  I have a ton of documentation including confirmation from the company that they owe me the money and that they were going to send it out, which they never did of course.  

I will let you know the outcome.

• The comment explained that because of their physical location (UTLS) the small claims court would not be able to process the case. I am trying to locate that one particular blog.

Please keep me posted.

• To January and Yanoska, I just feel so bad for you.  It is a lot of hard work and now having to chase them for fees that are owed?  I still am all for getting together and start putting the pressure on the Lenders who ordered the BPO's.  I have my list and I can track down the lender for each assignment.  Maybe if we all do that, compile our list and start sending invoices to them we might get their attention to put pressure on UTLS or whatever name they will be using now?  Email campaign, letter campaign, anything to get the word out that UTLS did not pay us.  

Hang in there everyone!  

To: Robert Cullen:  I have been signed up with Clear Capital and Altisource for over a year and I don't get any assignments.  Do you have any suggestions for me?  I would love to get into their rotation but I can't seem to get a shot at an order.  Thanks in advance. 

Michelle 

• Michelle,

Check to see that you are updated in their system. License, E & O, Company License, etc. If that is ok try Helpdesk@altisource.com   Make sure you are on auto notify for BPO's in your selected area. Clear Capital has been spotty in our area. I have only done about 35 in the last year and maybe turned down 15 for distance. Altisource gets alot but it is because they charge less and pay less. But the form is easy. LPS form takes time but once you get above 90% on your score card you get put on auto orders and must decline them if you don't want them. e-mortgage logic and Corelogic pay squat and I never saw listings so I decline them. You know the story about emortgage solutions.

• Receiving orders has a lot to do with your coverage areas and your competition. When I started doing BPOs for Clear Capital I was residing in Orlando FL. Clear Capital would send me orders every single day, they would refresh my queue with a new order every time I completed one. I moved back to Miami in 2008 and the orders dissapeared, maybe one or two per month. I called Clear Capital to find out what was wrong and they explained that I had moved to a County with way too much competition and that eventhough I was a preferred agent, the competition was there before I was...

For all of you that have recently signed with Clear Capital:

Orders are sent via email and/or picture mail to their preferred agents, only after 5 - 10 minutes if not accepted by the preferred agent, the orders are blasted to the rest of the agents, so the auto accept systems will not always work for Clear Capital. Unless the company receives a BULK of BPOs do not expect any orders from Clear Capital if you submitted your application after 2008 and are located in an area with a large population of Real Estate agents.

• I was being offered fee upgrades everyday for completing the orders in 24 hours, which of course I was taking advange of. Ok, hand me the "Fool of the Year" award.

I am owed over $3,700 for orders completed in 2011.

Has anyone found anything about this company other than the obvious?

I spoke to my attorney and he asked me to file a small claim and that he will follow up on their response. Then I read on somebody else's blog that the small claim was unsuccessful.

I am really upset about this issue, as if having the lowest paid profession of the latter years was not enough!

• These guys pay: Altisource, Clear Capital, LPS, SAM, EMortgage Logic, and Singlesource. Apraisal Loft is BK and i seem to think if their volume drops the payments take longer. Pick your poison.
  • I have been dogging them for months to get paid for BPOs I did.  Thank goodness it is only $235.  I see that many of you out there are in for much more than that.    I thought I had made some progress in August when I got an actual response form someone.  Jnguyen@utls.com    But, he has stopped responding.  

I lodged a complaint with the BBB but they said they couldn't handle that kind of complaint.  Looks like small claims court is last resort, if it is worth a person's while.

I also got 6 requests from UTLS earlier this month to do more BPOs.  I told them each time that I would not consider doing any more work for them until I got paid for the past due items.   They stopped asking me to do anything. 

• I am also worried as they owe me $980 for work completed in March 2011.  I have hired an attorney for recovery, if I get any information from her re:bankruptcy I will post it here.  I did just get an email to complete a BPO for them on October 6, 2011 so they must still be working with their clients.  I responded to the request by saying I will not do any work for them any longer due to non payment.  

This reply was deleted.