Replies

• Hi Sandra, I have a page on my website that explains reverse mortgage foreclosures:

http://gahome.org/cfr/

• Thank you your site was a big help !

• There is a ton of difference. I have done about 60 in the past year.  A TON of difference.  The process is different, the paperwork is different, the reasoning behind the differences is significant.

• Can you specify the difference please? 

• It is complicated. The best way is to read 24 CFR 206.125.  It is a lot.

• Thank you for the info. I looked it up and actually found a site explaining it in layman's terms which was still confusing but I think I understand. 

• What I remember is that no repairs can be done.  I had one where the furnace wouldn't start for the inspection.  The asset manager could not approve a small repair - even paid for by the buyer.  I'm sure that the selling agent had it done anyway.

• Usually due to appraisal and rules no price reduction or acceptance of anything other that list price for 90 days.
  • In my opinion - nothing.  I used to get them and the only difference was that you had to include some chapter and verse technical language in the offer.  Something like Title 126 blah blah blah. 

This reply was deleted.