I receive a letter yesterday about REOMAC opening their membership to new agents. The price is $375 which is not bad in comparison to some other organizations charging thousands. The catch is that we sign  3 regular members. 

They closed membership back in 2008, and now after 3 years, less AM companies, less lenders and banks and more agents trying to get into REO, they are re-opening their doors.

I remember trying to sign into this organization to get listing and become an REO agent. I heard their conference was the best way to meet potential clients, etc. I am not going to discuss their conference since I have yet to attend one.

Earlier this year NRBA allowed some new members in, Opendoor has their platinum program, Fivestar has Force, and there several other conferences, exclusive groups, etc. all competing for agent$ to join and increase their ranks.

You need to be a member of REO Pro Network to add comments!

Join REO Pro Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• The biggest question here is, if it is worth going through all those hoops? I would like to hear from agents who are already REOMAC members and get some feed back. The idea makes sense and I think  the membership fee is reasonable, but will it help my business or is it just waste of time, energy and money?
    • I agree, will it help business or are they just tring to increase their membership?

The way the current market is, if you have 3 A/M's, you don't need REOMAC as you are doing better then 98% of everyone else anyway!

• Thanks Jose,

great post.

• So am I correct in my understanding that an asset manager has to submit an application in order to give the referral/recommendation?  If they do not want to join, my understanding is that they will not be considered as the 3 necessary.  And, if an asset manager is already a member, can they give a referral/recommendation?  Seems like we have a couple hoops to jump.
    • No, when I talked to REOMAC they stated new asset managers.  I am sure this is a quest to get more asset managers as members. 
  • You go to asset managers, ask if they are members. If they are not you ask them to join. The catch is they have to pay their own $75.00.  You cannot pay it for them.  According to REOMAC, this was developed by their education committee, they feel if you are a professional "in the business", you should be able to get 3 recommendations.  I  have talked to 3 asset managers, they will give the recommendation but do not want to join.
  • how to get those 3 members? anyone help!
  • Thanks thats good news.
  • I also received the email.  Does anyone have idea of how to find out who is a member or do we just ask our lenders/asset managers to sign up?

• I got the email too. How do they expect us to get 3 members to sign up??
This reply was deleted.