Replies

• it is easy to let them add up when the usual payment schedule is 60 days or more.  In that time period if you got 2 or 3 per week it adds up.  What I'd like to know is the going rate for drive by and interior as IAS tried to lower my fees about a year ago even though I had been doing them for them for 6 years.  What is the going rate and can one get more for mileage.  I keep getting requests on the outer fringe of my area even when I don't have that on my service area.  Thanks for mentioning the companies that do pay.  We can all stick together and maybe get paid in the process for work completed.

• I am in a rural to extremely rural area,condition reports I will not do for less than 50 (don't mean to be hard to get along with but if I accept it I will do it because I promised ,but that might be the only one so I have to make it a little worthwhile),I am getting 60-75 for ext's (50 SLS) 70-100 for Int.(100 is SLS,that is the ONLY reason I will accept 50 from them for ext,no one else)....I have to plan my days,I usually go every other day to the extremely rural area and change the return time to the next day or day after if I have a lot,return time 11 PM. I don't have the automatic BPO insert company, I have phrases that I can pull from and copy and paste,and a wonderful husband with an extra lap top that sits up with me every night and puts in the guts and I finish them up and pull comps. I hear about the assistants on here,he's mine : )))) I might add that if there was enough bussiness in Real Estate I wouldn't be doing these but I am VERY thankful they're here. I have an agent in the office that helped get me started a few years ago and he stopped doing them when he had gotten into FC's and when they slowed down he is now having trouble getting back into the companys .I must say they have kept me informed as to how the pricing in the market is going,not just overall but in particular areas,you can also pick up leads,so it can be a really positive experience all the way around.

As far as these agents doing them for 30,I understand if you're just getting into them and want to get your foot in the door,if I was just starting I MIGHT do a couple for that just to show what a good job I could do and excel on my turn around time, but PLEASE stop....these companies can pay more then that,you're only hurting yourself . I'm not knocking them dead with income, but I'm doing enough a week that I'm OK,(15-30+)+ sales,the companies usually call me or like SLS,they just send them and know I will take them and get them in ASAP.

• I know what you mean about companies trying to get you to do them for a few bucks.  Some of the most distant and Pro Teck wanted to pay me $45 and way out of the way and some had very few comps in our MLS, so I didn't accept.  IAS started me at $45 6 years ago and I was up to $85 for drive by and $125 for interior, but they are the very ones now that owe me over 100 days and maybe I'll get paid, so I'm not accepting any more from them.  $50 for a close by drive by is ok, but when I try to get more for mileage these $50 BPOs go to someone else willing to accept them.  It is up to us to keep up our price on fees or they'll get the cheaper agents to keep doing them and that isn't even minimum wage by the time you figure mileage, time going and coming, loading pictures and all the computer work for comps and filling out the forms.  

• Again I warn everyone about "new companies". UTLS formerly Land America owes me over $3,500.00. I know I read somewhere they are operating under a new name. If anyone knows for certain the name of this "new company" it would be greatly appreciated.

• I also love working for Clear Capital, Residential Review, Five Brothers, Altisource and Corelogic.  I was so stupid to believe in Eval on Line and Broker Price (First Valuation).  I kept thinking if I continued I would get paid eventually.  Eval really screwed me for $2,000.  I am at the point with Broker Price that I am really complaining to each person who asks me to do a drive by.  Pretty bad when we all spend our time and money for companies that get paid from our hard work and don't pay us.  I am waiting for Emortgage approval and Service link.  I will look up Singlesource.  Keep me posted. 

• Yes, me too.  I have not had a problem yet with any of mine and I certainly do not wish to start.  Business

is good here and I do not want to take on work that I cannot get paid for:-)

• Anyone currently working with Leading Edge Companies, LLC who can share their experience?  Do they pay timely or 

do you have to harrass?  Thanks so much for the many who have contributed to this subject.  Lots of great info:-)  Saves

many of us from the stress of chasing our money!

• I have done a few for them and they have always paid.  They do not send out a lot of orders. 

• Thank you David.  Will inquire as to their turn around time on payment and decide from there.  

• Clear Capital is one of the best.

This reply was deleted.