Replies

• actually there has been more than 1 company working out of Ill. playing the same game ..asking for money first....run...save your money...

• I agree. RUN!
  • Did I read somewhere back a ways that BPO Fulfillment is another name for Main Street and they aren't paying well?  They keep sending me BPO requests for $45 and a long time ago I registered for Main Street, but I didn't go back to re-register since Main Street never sent me even one BPO.  I'm sticking with the guys I know.

• don't bother with them, I know they are operating under a new name, they know people do not want to do bpos for them so they are hesitant to state who they are when they call. sad isn't it.

• BPO fulfillment is Mainstreet Val.  I have done a few and have been paid, just slow. 

But don't accept anything for 45.  I get 75 exterior for my local county and 100 for surrounding counties for all the companies that I work for.  We are selling ourselves short by doing bpo's for anything less that 100.00 I believe. 

• I'm with you on that.  I get $65.00 minimum if it's close and $75.00 or more depending on location if it's outside the Loop.  Lufkin is a small town (35,000 pop) so most are outside. 

• It really depends where you are located.  I am in Chicago, and the competition is very high in the city and surrounding counties such as Cook County, Lake County etc. A few weeks ago, I got 2 orders for $45.00 each from a company I was new with.  I called to negotiate the fee for them due to distance within Cook County.  The rep literally laughed at my face.  He told me that there is no point for them in paying more than that when they have so many agents who would be so thankful and so happy to get these orders.  I declined.  In the afternoon, they sent me a very complex commercial, mixed use subject.  Unique to its market, an order that would have required a good half day or more of work., and for which most of the residential agents would not have been qualified.  Same fee: $45. Declined instantaneously.  This particular client never sent me anymore work.  I am busy with others who value my work and my experience more.

• Good for you, Elena!!  I agree that it depends on where you are located.  I am in rural MS and there are only a few other agents that are doing them in my area and one that is my office, has just decided to stop. Infact, my rep at Single Source, Megan told me she had enough BPO's for the state of MS for me to make a living, of course I would never be able to help her all over the state, but that just shows there are very few agents in MS doing BPO's.  But I just wish that there was something that could be done to help you guys in the metro areas to be paid more, it is not right, we are professionals, no other professional would get offered to be paid such a low fee.   

• Vicki, I have a different rep from SS and I sent an email to upper management asking why I have never been assigned any listings on the BPO's I've been doing for 4+ years?  I got a response from Megan who said they haven't been getting any listings in my area (which by the way is full of REO's/SS's) hm?.  Though I find it strange, that all these homes I did BPO's did eventually come on the market.  The issue is I can't prove if they won the bid on these BPO's and then assigned the listings to another in house agent.  I did a BPO over this weekend and the contact was an agent from another broker though the same corporate franchise I'm with.  So, I have to wonder if they are being honest?

• Yes.  All makes sense. You are lucky if you like evaluations.

This reply was deleted.