Replies

• I'm not saying the blog is not about companies that do or do not pay,that is what it is all about. I am very much aware there are companies that do not pay and those are the companies we need to know about. I realize that I have been lucky and I know I would be very irate if I didn't get paid for work I have done. (it has happened in listing homes). I also enjoy the blog and find it helpful. Do to this blog I have turned down a couple of orders and there may be more. It appearshowever, that many agents are beginning to rely on BPO's as a significant part of their income and they need to be very cautious about doing so. There in lies my complaint. It seems the discussion has become more about the companies not paying "enough" rather than not paying at all. My answer to that is, don't accept them in response to an email-let them call and then negotiate the fee. I have been on the blog since it started and the information has been valuable. I am not in argument with that. . I do think this is a good and valuable blog and hope it keeps running for as long as I continue to do BPO's

• Folks, all this you're complaining about was seen earlier by appraisers. Your advantage is that you have a powerful organization who should be shamed into helping you fight these organized criminal enterprises (management companies). 

Please see my introduction post to read some history of what we experienced and what you can look forward to if you don't fight back in a strong, united fashion.

Best of luck. I've felt your pain!

Alison Swain

Curb Appeal REO 
    Winter Park, FL

• How can we find your  "introduction post". I would like to read it.

• Elena:

I posted it in the main Discussions area. It's more cautionary tale than life story though. LOL!

• Titanium Solutions are gone, its been a long time too. ???

• Jenie,

Most of these BPO vendors will require that the assigned BPO agent has to sign they are the ones in fact dong the BPO and not assigning to an assistant or other agent. 

• I have always done all the work.  I may be driven around by my partner, but he's just there to make sure I don't get mugged or if the property is on a busy highway, I can take the picture with the window rolled down instead of getting killed by a passing vehicle....

One time a person who lived in an adjacent house of which I shot a photo, followed us for 5 miles and my partner didn't want to scare me so he didn't tell me until the person turned off.  These rural ones can be dangerous.  Be careful and have someone else do the driving.

• So where do we report to file a complaint about companies who don't pay, so they can be shut down by the government for crossing stateline in doing illegal activities by not paying Realtors?  Is it CAR, NAR, DRE/BRE or the labor department?

• only help I got was the last $255 from Integrated Asset Services (after 7 years with their BPOs) filed a BBB complaint with Denver, CO and did get my money, but when trying to report their broker to the CO DEPT of Real Estate Licensing, they were not help at all.  That broker should have been penalized for fraud, not non payment, just outright fraud for soliciting work with no intention of ever paying.

• Sally - File all the complaints you want to. And you'll most likely get no where. You can deduct the loss on your income tax if you keep records.

I'm glad I quit doing them before all this non pay started.

This reply was deleted.