Replies

• And they just called me yesterday to do 2 BPO's....all they heard was CLICK ..as I hung up!

• They left me a voice mail again yesterday and I never called them back...

• There are a couple hundred BBB complaints by unpaid agents which are indicated as resolved mainly because of payment schedules. The sqeaky wheel... And probably less expensive than collections which may result in scheduled payments.
        • They are not a member of BBB.

• I know but the BBB online records - as recently as mid-October - indicate these complaints ARE addressed by the company.  A lot of companies that are not BBB members still address those complaints.  I'm not defending them.  Just sayin'.

I stopped doing work for them over 3 years ago because of this.  When they call, I either ignore them or answer and say I don't do business with companies that do not pay.  I also ask the person on the other end of the phone if they are not worried that some day they will also not get paid.  I used to do this with Evalsolutions as well.

• Good for you... I'm not in your state but I think the word ATTORNEY scares the crap out of people.

• I'm in Ca but I chose a collection company in the home state for broker Price Opinion.

• Here's some interesting info regarding old republic. I received this email today, along with a rather nasty message about how I had to have the corrections completed within the next hour.  and my response back to them.

Please be advised that we have not received the corrections that were requested and this order is now past due to our client

Hi James, Thank you for the work on the above mentioned BPO. As I stated in my voice message, we need a sale of similar acreage in order to support your final value conclusion. Listing #2 of similar acreage supports a higher value range 69,9K and I located a sale and additional listings with acreage supporting higher values? Please review the attachments and let me know what you think Thank you

Left voice message with agent regarding a sale of similar acreage. L2 supports 69,9K. Additional sales and listings of similar acreage support 70-85K?

Failure to respond to our request for corrections within the next hour may result in reassignment, no compensation and will affect future assignments! 

Thanks,

Reply ->

( Persons name here ) a couple of things you need to be made aware of. First and foremost had you not left the order in review status for over a week it would not be late to the client. Secondly, my time is as valuable as yours, my agenda is full today, and I have plans with the family this evening. I will never change those plans never. Just because my opinion has been rejected, doesn't make that an emergency to me. I will not cancel my plans with family or clients. Keep in mind (Persons name here) I'm not your employee, I'm a business owner and expect reciprocating respect. I've always gone out of my way in assisting the reviewers with questions and in a timely manor, but I refuse to accept this type of attitude. I'll address the concerns of this report in the morning and not any sooner. If you feel this is unacceptable please feel free to reassign the order. Oh active listing do not necessarily reflect higher values ( those are speculative values ) a true or truer value should be based on the sold comps in the area. (persons name here) found A sale and additional listings to support a higher value. Not even sure what that means.

• WTG David..fellow Greenville agent. I am with you 100 percent. John too.
    • I love when these people attempt to provide comps to replace comps that were used for the report.  In some ways is seems as if they are trying to influence our value determination.   Also, if I am not mistaken they are called BPO's which stand for Broker's Price Opinion.  Opinion being the operative word.  The value I place on subject properties is my opinion there shouldn't really be much of an argument at that point as I have completed the assignment as labeled and given my opinion of the price.   I supplied my value of opinion based on available comps.

I have had these people try to replace comps with out dated or to far in distance comps because someone used them on a report 6 to 12 months prior.  

It really is annoying when someone that is hundreds of miles away tells you there are better comps available and they disagree with the value placed on the subject. Like they would know values better than the professionals who live and work in the markets they serve. That is just a crazy notion if you think about it.

This reply was deleted.