Replies

• What does anyone know about Mark to Market and Leading edge?

• RUN !!! DO NOT WALK away from Mark to Market. Read this blog post, you will see that they are not paying for work completed all the way back to Oct of last year. I stopped doing work for them in the 1st qt of 2013. 

• I stopped doing work for Mark to Market over a year ago.  I also won't do work for MSI.  Someone must be accepting M2M orders in my market though because I get the order offers and shortly after I see the email I get another email stating that the order has been cancelled.  Which I believe the canceled order email is triggered when someone accepts the order.

• You let it get to 10k ?? Wow I would have stopped a long time before that
    • I have to agree with Rob. If any company is 60 days past due, I stop work with them. If they don't pay normally within 60 days, I stop work with them. If anyone sends me work and they have not paid for 60 days, no more work. It really is just that easy. You just can't keep doing work and hoping that you will be paid, not a good plan. If you did 10K worth of work in 60 days, you are not completing BPO's the proper way, sorry, but that's the plain truth.

• More than agree...

• I have learned not to do more than a few for a new company and wait to get paid, once I figure out what the payment cycle is I will decide to whether or not to move forward with this company. I never got to $10,000, however maybe about $600, with IAS and also the illustrious Broker Price Opinion. after these two jewels and also Eval Online, I learned a valuable lesson about taking on too many bpos with a company that has not paid me.

• The worst company by far is Safeguard. They owe me over 10k. The main issue that concerns me is,  they have got these major players in the REO industry fooled.

• Todd, What is going on with this company? They have sent me some paperwork to sign up as an REO agent, but after reading your post, I'm wondering if I should. 

• Todd

I am surprised about Safeguard.  They are a preservation company, whom the REO Asset Managers would hire to do the dirty work.  Usually, they are the ones that do the work on the clean up, install smoke detectors if missing, combo lockbox, cash for keys, utilities arrangement, board up broken window(s),  ... etc.  All you have to do is be the listing agent after you do those task of occupancy check, BPO, contact the residents (if any), be present for the Cash For Keys or eviction, monitor the property, list the property and sell it through the MLS.  There is a survey on the work done by a vendor they hired.  They get paid from the Asset Management Company.  If I have a bill I don't send it to them because I do not work for them.  They usually work for the Asset Management Companies.  So I am not sure how you fit in with Safeguard, if you were the listing agent on a property.

This reply was deleted.