Replies

• Yes, I have good experience with Asset Valuation and just accepted one today on BPO's only. Though, they don't give out too many BPO's though have never got any of the listings from them.  As for other companies that don't have patience, they are the bad ones that don't do very well and are on a thin thread with their clients/banks.  I work with several and I have never had them cancel even if I were half a day late.  I will just make sure to go in with reasonable time frame and a reasonable explanation to the situation.  Most of the time it has been with other agents making it difficult for interior access's.  They don't call me back soon enough and in the meantime, I have already moved forward working on other orders.  I don't understand why agents get so insecure when you call them.  They act like your going to take the listing from them, its so frustrating dealing with their attitudes. I hate it when they start trying to give me their price opinion to try to get me do what they want.  I just tell them, I will do my best researching all possible local MLS sites  I also search many public sites for "pocket listings" that I know they tend to conveniently leave off the report for their buyer's interest.  Many times agents already have already obtained a buyer during the pre-marketing phase (unethical business).

• Dear friends, I really need your input about a new company ---new to me --- Asset Valuation and Marketing.  They have sent me my first order today.  My feelings are mixed.  I am one of those who worked for a lot of hours for free for Evalonline and since then,( as much asl I enjoy doing BPOs) the fear of that past situation is invading me.  Oh my God! Please let me know if you have had good or bad experiences with Asset Valuation and Marketing.  

Very thankful for all you could share and very thankful for this website.

• I have never had a problem with payment from AVM

• not payment, no, but treatment yes. The commercial form is horrible, real problems, and although they were nice people, they had no backbone, to cancel an order due to a demanding client when I was a few minutes behind is not acceptable, it was in a rural location and took me about 3 hours round trip to get the photos.

• Thank you Joan. I will keep your positive experience in mind.

• It's been a while, but they have always been good to work for.  Forms were easy to use as well.  Last order I did for them was probably over 6 months ago though.  Ask them what their pay schedule is like then see if they stick to it before you take on multiple orders.

• Thank you Louis. i started doing BPOs before people knew what that was.  In 1999.  Never had a problem with any company.  The Evalonline experience affected me to the point that I stopped this all together.  Believe me that this forum has been extremely helpful for me to get back doing BPOs. Asking for the payment schedule is a great idea. 

• Eval online has touched the hearts of all of us, not in a good way. So has Broker Price Opinion, Coast to Coast. LRES is slower to pay, IAS has filed chapter 11 bankruptcy so stay away from them, they were about 8 months behind in pay. LPS, Single Source, First American, OCWEN, Southwest Financial, Finiti, Data Quick, Clear Capital, Nationsvs, Protk, Equitrax, all good about payment and most are either direct deposit or have the capability.

• Elena, Asset Val is not a bad company to work for. I haven't seen much from them lately. They do direct deposit. Until you are established with them, their QC can be a little difficult. Hope this helps.
          • I asked to put me on their do not use list. The commercial form is a disaster.

This reply was deleted.