Replies

• No never heard of USA.  Though, I just did a BPO from a company called InsideValuations I believe are in Arizona too and I just became new to their network.  I had to tell them to take me off the second assignment they assigned me because they changed out all my comps on their own with out my knowledge and still delivered it to their client with my name on it.  Needles to say I was very angry with them for using my name on a BPO that technically was no longer my opinion.  Their own in house rep went out of their own guidelines and used comps that were totally different in design and newer than the 10 Yrs they request not to use (they used 25/30 to be exact) and they had used comps that were 30 minutes away from the subject in another town...Really?  All my comps where inline with their guidelines except for the living area's where a little smaller but I had made adjustments for them to arrive at the FMV.  I think they were doing some investor a favor for an auction sale and I had no quams letting them know that. I told them I printed and save my old comp report and their revised report with all emails I sent them regarding this situation incase there was any conflict of interest with the bank and the owner of the property still living in the home.  I think we agents need to be very careful with these BPO vendors.  Because these banks are making it harder and harder to sell/close escrows, its causing some of these vendors to become more and more unethical in their procedures in order to make a living.

• Inside Valuations is out of Reno Nevada, they pay well but they are bad about changing comps. They do that on the commercial properties, which really irritates me. it is actually unethical and illegal but they do it anyway.

• They do not pay, they will play dumb and act liked you never invoiced them. a waste of time.

• Great! Did you ever get paid? Who were your contacts? I have been contacting by Greg and Ron. 

• I did get paid on one BPO and that was after I hung up on Ron after he called me to do another order. I had invoiced several bpos in the last two years to them and never got paid. I told him I had not been paid on any bpos and then said I was not interested and hung up the phone. Shortly after that I did get paid on one bpo.

• I know someone mentioned this new thing about background checks, but Clear Capital has been asking for one as the reason some of their clients are requesting them, but so far I keep getting BPO requests from Clear Capital.  So I'm wondering how many more will I get if I do pay their background check?  Have any of you paid for that and received any more than without it?  They pay fast so I want to stay in their good graces, but so far I still get BPO requests even though I've not paid or signed up for it.

• I had about 3 companies ask for background checks, and of course company A wont accept companies B, I guess they feel their company is the only one who can do a background check correctly. I did pay for 2, and with Clear Capital I told them I was not going to pay for a third one. They told me that I would still get assignments, but it was just certain clients that would require the background checks.  I have only gotten a couple from them since. However I must add that I live in a resort town in California and therefore the possibility of getting many is slim. I think we agents should require background checks on these companies!

• I have done about four of them.

• I have only paid of one and have a copy.  I told Clear Capital I would not pay for another but would send them a copy of the one I had already paid for.  Never heard another word and am still getting BPO requests and orders.

• I had received 3 or 4 after the required date and the next one they sent wouldn't open up because I hadn't had the check. It is possible that it may be just the one client that is requesting it. I did go ahead with the check, even though I had paid for it with a couple of other companies. I did get a copy of the report, which none of the other companies I work with, including Cartus, did not do. Clear Capital is a credible company as far as I am concerned and they seldom return requests for further clarification, so I decided it would be worth it.

This reply was deleted.