Replies

• Sharon, I am with you about the cardboard signs. I really hesitate anytime someone is asking me to pay for REO listing services.  I have never received a listing from someone I have paid to help me get listings. 

• Thanks John.  My son had told me he'd pay for one of these companies and I can't even ask him to pay for blue sky.  I was told Equator and Res.Net were ok, but when I look up reviews of them, I get the same answers.  So back to the old way of rounding up listings.  Hard times out there, hope you're doing ok.

• I've received an invitation to sign up with First American Asset Valuation Solutions (FAAVS) and wondered if anyone else on this board has received the invitation or done any work for them??? The email says: "First American Asset Valuations  (FAAVS) is a brand new residential valuation  operation that focuses on fulfilling our customers' BPO needs  primarily within the default servicing space.  FAAVS' services are  provided through FA Business Services, LLC, an affiliate of First  American Financial Corporation.  To learn more about the history of  First American, our separation from CoreLogic and who we are today,  please visit our website:  http://www.firstam.com/about/company- information/history-of-first-...".

• If they sent you the invite is because you have probably done work for them before through the Disposolution Portal. I figure they are now set up with their own site and that's why they are asking us to re-apply. Always pay on time, no issues with them whatsoever, just not a great number of orders. They pay $50 for exterior orders.

• Aimee,

Yes I received the same email and have joined their board.  I was accepted today.  This firm used to be First American Residential Value View and was purchased by Corelogic.  They have started a new company.  My past experience when they operated as First American was very good.  They gave me multiple orders and paid like clock work every month.

• I have worked with Corelogic since before they became Corelogic. They have always been a top rated company in my book and I have never had a complaint about payment. Since the new company is affiliated, I was glad to sign up as I would imagine they will be as reliable as Corelogic has always been.

• I have done work for Corelogic, but didn't receive any emails from them after they asked for money for background checks after working with them for several years.  I have nothing to hide but wondered why they were charging me.  Also they were notorius in my area for sending me BPO requests way out of town for $45.  Not worth it.  Is this new Ameritax worth it?  I might check into it again to see what's up at this time.

• All of the companies are starting to ask...LSI, Dataquick, etc.... It came out of Washington, with response to the housing crisis in the late 2000's ..It is probably more for appraisers, however they are using it for all that do evaluations...Remember, those mortgage back securities were mostly from BPO's...

• Most of the orders I have received from Corelogic lately, they have been paying $50 for in town and I always charge them $65 for rural and $75 if past 25 miles. They never hesitate to pay it and yes they pay like clockwork. As far as the background check, several of the companies are calling for them now and always want the agent to pay. I went along with Corelogic but have turned the others down unless the fee is under $25.

• Companies that want to do a background check, should also provide a background on its officers.

This reply was deleted.