Replies

• I filed a small claims action against evalonline. I was paid the $2600 the owed me over a 5 yr period but I did get it all. I am not sure if BrokerPriceOpinion.com is still around but had issues with them several years ago in which they got into me for about $7K. Again,  I filed a small claims action against them in my state and received a check. I am really ok when they do not ask me to do anymore work for them. Not worth the trouble.

• Has anyone done work for USA Valuations? Really pay well but they are taking 90+ days and I have to resend invoices, email them, etc.  Just wondering if anybody else has worked with them??

• they are out of California, I believe. They stiffed me on a few bpos and then when they called me to do another one I made it clear I did not want to do a bpo because they did not pay me.  A week later I received a check for one of my reports.

• Same here.  I have been paid for some, but it was a fight. I hate having to send them invoices manually, it is very easy for them to say, "we didn't receive it". 

• Don't work for mainstreet valuations, they take 60 day pay and their website is terrible, and they are rude and if you don't trespass on the property to get the side shots on a property in the woods, they reassign. And this on drive-by's, complete joke.

• they also cancelled a bpo on me while I was in the middle of inputting data because I went past their deadline. They are the worst.

• they also go by another name as well.

• This is the same reason that banks have for YEARS pursued getting their greedy little paws into the real estate industry, they KNEW they could count on a huge number of Realtors who would jump at the chance to stay in real estate AND get a salary! One of the biggest perceived drawbacks of the profession is the age old adage "Feast or Famine". Working as an employee of the bank, in their building, working with customers their brand generates (for the most part) while earning a weekly paycheck & benefits? Sounds almost too good to be true and definitely good enough that thousands have considered the possibility and hence banks have come T-H-I-S close to winning the fight into our world.

My point is that no matter how many of us poo-poo the abuse and low pay offered by banks to do BPO's & list REO's, and even if we all said NO MORE! There would be hundreds more that would gladly take it on. And banks KNOW that and so it continues.

Banks got into the mortgage business kinda' late, really, and look how ef'd up they turned it in so little time? We can thank banks and their practices for a big hand in the financial woes we all must daily navigate. Less structure and oversite or more? I tend to think we need a LOT more controls and a lot more oversite.

In the meantime, unless we were to stand up in solidarity, our strength in numbers (300,000 Realtors in America?), we will never see the respect and the humane dealings we profess to want so badly from the large, impersonal, corporate entities called Banks.

• In my opinion I do not think that NAR goes to battle like they really should be.  They don't bring up the abuse and pay agents have to deal with.  They don't confront these vendors to find out what type of education and licensing they have to determine challenging our FMV OPINIONS on reports.  I don't think the NAR has gone as far as educating these big banks as to the unethical practices these third party vendors do in asking agents to change out comps and ridiculous request for tons of information that can take hours of research time not to mention the abuse on our vehicles. Many of the questions on these forms are useless. At the end, its only the LOCATION and PRICE that really makes the difference to the buyer/investor. I think we as realtors have to come together and need to voice our opinions intensely to NAR so they realize they need to challege these issues for us.  If we don't speak up, NAR can't do a thing for us and these vendors see us as weak individuals and treat us like dogs and keep fetching bones.

• NAR still collects that yearly due's don't they, waste money on a worthless rag, try an sell all the goods that you don't need, They should be doing exactly what you typed, time for blood pressure pills again,...........

This reply was deleted.