Replies

• I agree Vicki,

I have been raising my fees and pushing the boundaries with what they are willing to pay.  I have been losing orders because I am pushing my fees higher.  I have been losing orders but I feel that the service I provide is worth much more than they are willing to pay.  I also happen to be in a place where I don't need their low fee orders, I have many other activities I can pursue that will compensate me fairly.

Anyway, I hope more people follow your lead, I am right there with you. 

• I have bumped up my price considerably. as much as $150 for really far, rural locations.

• I agree wholeheartedly with all of you who are now charging more.  I can sit at home and sell some old thing on ebay for $50.  I don't need to spend hours going to and from the subject and then hours longer to fill in the forms and clarify over and over.  If they don't like it, they can lump it.  I got one place who was desperate for the rural area to agree to $200.  Let's see if they pay.  For now, I only deal with those that I know pay right at or after 30 days.  My bills can't wait and neither can it for them to get around to mailing money for work I completed in good faith.  Now more of us are grouping together to demand what we justly deserve for quality, professional work.  Thank you all.  I'm not doing any for BPO - I don't feel like bickering for the fee.

• I think they are really thieves, they have already been paid by the lenders and they are just using the money for their own bills. flat out wrong.

• Good for you John.  I am about ready to raise my fee to 100.00 for all reports to all companies.  I may loose business, but I am one of few that do them in my area and if they need the reports badly enough they will pay what we want. 

• I think you should, $40 is insulting to us.  The fees have actually gone down in price in the last 12 years that I have been doing these. ridiculous!

• You are in a good position, the law of supply and demand is certainly on your side.  I would definitely raise my fees if I were in your shoes.  I am happy for you and wish you the best.

• How about Broker's Property Opinion. com. I've been calling them every few months for payments due last year!

• They are the same as BrokerPriceOpinion.com. They never paid...  they owed me about $1800 back in 2008. I had written it off as a lost cause until a new agent (single mom) came into my office sobbing. She was very young. She was counting on this money to pay rent.  I just got mad.  

I sent them an email stating that they had 7 days to pay me in full or an email was going out to over 35,000 Georgia agent emails that I had and about 800 over the country with encouragement to have this email spread. The email had the order numbers and dates completed on it - All complete facts.  They threaten to sue me with slander. I said do it as I knew I had only facts and nothing stating they were horrible etc.   Some of them that I had not been paid were over 1 year old. 

They went to call my bluff. I CC'd them into the 1st batch of emails I sent out (about 300 people).  They called me and promised me an overnight check. I said that's fine if I get it the next set wont go out.  I didn't get it the next day. I sent out the next batch... another phone call from them - they sent it the next day - along with the other agents check.    

That is the only way I know how to get paid by them... Good Luck!

• why are they still in business? Why don't the banks get rid of companies like this?  I am owed by IAS and Evalonline. no pays......   :(

This reply was deleted.