Replies

• Shoot, I was going to go... but... I would be stuck waiting around for the conference to start ( (3 days???) so, I opted to skip it... although I wish I could have!!!.. oh well... as far as the application for fannie mae...they are only accepting applications in certain states, and certain counties----
        here are both links: I filled out the application... sent in the required info... and got lucky... ,

http://www.reoexpo2010.com/freddie-mac

http://www.reoexpo2010.com/FreddieMac_Pre-Interview_Questionnaire.pdf

Review the links and apply--- took them 1 day to respond to my application..... Good Luck... we should all meet somewhere at the conference!!!---- I am bringing my netbook,,, so, lets all make some plans-- maybe meet at realty pilot or something!!!
        Regards!!!!!- Rose
        • @ Rose, do you mean freddie mac or fannie mae? I was only aware of freddie mac interviewing not fannie mae. what's the link for fannie mae?
  • Just curious as to how many of us are going to the REO Expo next week. Also any suggestions on the Freddie app that might give someone an advantage? According to the instructions, the info has to be emailed prior to the conference. Did I misunderstand the email from Nicole Ocean on "handing" it in at the conference?
  • I really hope that this EXPO live up to the hype. I have been to Dallas, well 5 STAR the last 3 years and it seems to get more expensive. The connects are actually made outside of the class. Then when there is an open house held the spots are bombarded with brokers. I mean my partner and I were in Freddie Macs open and we saw some brokers about to fight to get it. So I am debating and at the same time asking myself why not go? And then why are all of these companies are saying that they are going to be there and asking us to come and also register for their class?!! Boy everyone is out to make money because they all know that REOs are what's hot. And Brokers are thirsty for business..This is just not fair.....
  • Hey if anyone is cancelling their reservation due to not being able to attend the event please let me know. I will take it and reimburse your fee if there is one... My business partner and I would like to stay at the Hyatt but they are sold out. Thanks

David
  • I am also considering going, but would like some feedback from others who have gone & felt it was helpful in gaining new business. I get so bombarded everyday with solicitations for conferences, new asset companies & certifications that I don't know who to trust. I sent in an application for Bridge, got accepted immediately & then was required to attend their training in CA. I actually received calls requesting me to attend the conference. Some of the big guys who I worked with in the past on assets are asking for fees now & specific management systems. You pay the fee, do the certification & join their management only to not see any business. How long can this go on? Who do we believe anymore? The only reason for attending the REO Expo is for a "chance" at becoming a Freddie broker. I think it is time to revolt.
    • I agree with you so much...I can't count how many times people contact me through out the week, soliciting about certifications and the fee's you have to pay to MAYBE receive buisness.
    • Gail, I think I am going to go to the Expo and wondered if you had made a decision and if you would be interested in sharing a room at the Hyatt. It's costing a fortune to go and I thought that a roommate might not only be a good way to cut expenses, but also a good way to make a new friend in the biz
      • Hi Valerie
        I have decided to attend & would love to share a room if you are still up for it. Let me know. I haven't booked a room yet. What day are you arriving?
        • Gail,
          Thank you so much for the offer, but it looks like I have found a roomate. I would like to meet you there however, and I will let you know of others that may contact me regarding a roomate for this conference.
This reply was deleted.