Replies

• Ed, I always appreciate good legal advice.

Thanks,

Wendell

• I'm thinking the rules you are referring to are for  "commissions".  I was not thinking a BPO was related to commissions.

• I think a minimum of $100 for exteriors and $125 for interiors. I'd say that's pretty cheap compared to the $450 they'd pay for an appraisal. ;)

• Mary, I was thinking along those lines.

Thanks,

Wendell

• Its a moot point. If you dont take the BPO---someone else will, even at 25 bucks. No one dictates to the BPO companies what their fee will be. I see many here say that they wont work for blah blah amount and that they tell their BPO sources to pay more. Hogwash. Ive done 4,000 BPOs for almost all the companies and it just doesnt happen except for special circumstances. Mostly it will be ordrs from an area in which they dont have a broker rep--in my areas thats usually about 25 to 35 miles away! Ill get a call asking how much I want for a trip like that and I avewrage about 75 tom 100 for that long a trip. Its really not worth it but they appreciate it and I get more orders.

• Hogwash, if you do a good job - you can negotiate - they would rather pay for competent agents

• Marvin, understood.

Thanks,

Wendell

• I regularly negotiate my fee with a few companies, which happen to make up the bulk of my income.  I guess the ability to negotiate the fee is down to the luck of the draw of what area you work in.  I guess I must live in an area where not many agents do BPOs. 

• Thanks John. I get emails daily from different companies to complete BPO's. What I have trouble with is the speed in which I can deliver the information and still be profitable. The $30-$40 is not adding up.

Thanks again,

Wendell

• Know the companies you are working for, not all are GOOD you need to find out the ones that do not pay or you are working for 0

This reply was deleted.